Black Tuesday (1st May, 2007)

Discussion in 'Trading' started by palenimbus, Apr 30, 2007.

1. Is it me, or does this forum seem suspiciously bearish tonight? What gives?..I have NO idea where it's going tomorrow. It just seems as if more people are calling for a top, or a correction of x%. While others seem more drastic calling for out right crashes in the near term. WHY? :cool:

#31     May 1, 2007
  2. Its not a big surprise that the market meets back at the moving average once or twice a year. We already had one meetup once this year and twice is believeable.

When we go through such corrections, all the weirdos come out screaming. I think these black whatever threads are intentionally posted by guys who have a bad sense of humor. Maybe kids are off for the summer and this is how they have their fun.

#32     May 1, 2007
  3. Maybe the 'balck whatever' day thread, but I don't think you're referring to the Black Swan threads, are you?

I post those as I see a lot of heightened geopolitical, housing/mortgage, liquidity/derivative risks right now.

And yes, more so than in the past 5 years.

These things usually show up at 4-7 year intervals, so just from a historical perspective, we're due.

I know it's a simplistic take, but the underlying events are impossible to predict other than using historical metrics.

Cheers.

#33     May 1, 2007
  4. Are we just assuming the powers that be will let the dollar continue to crater? If so who gives a shit where the mkts go? You wake up with you're pants closer to you're ankles than the day before. forever.

#34     May 1, 2007
  5. Not even close to a retracement, pullback, or "Crash".

The sighting of the Black Swan in Saudi land didn't jilt the market one bit.

Sideways chop for a while.

E

#35     May 1, 2007
  6. It's officially May, people book profits, play golf, etc...

I'm a bear all the way still with minor exceptions in my long positions. I don't foresee any triple digit gains to the upside in the near future. One step at a time, let's just close below 13k this week and I'll be happy. I expect a lot of sideways action this month fwiw. A triple digit loss in the DOW will be healthy.:p

#36     May 1, 2007
  7. Oh boy.. Another 1% down day, another crash prediction.

:p

#37     May 1, 2007
  8. Moreagr

Moreagr

the usual types causing this type of response is probably due to many over there head in short positions. because they are really deep in the red because they were hoping for a monster baer market that would have led them to great riches which in this case did not happen after the last correction in feb 27th.

I am neutral going with the flow.

#38     May 1, 2007
  9. monster bear market dude?

if we see a 100pt decline many of the shorties here may double (200%) - nobody really needs a doomsday scenario to make EZ money here.

don't hate - participate.

GET INVOLVED - problem solved.

I'll see you at the bottom shorty!

#39     May 1, 2007
  10. That's what I was thinking but I wasn't sure.

#40     May 1, 2007