Black thursday.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by kashirin, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Short at your peril
    the market will reboud big later

the citi thing was no big deal

#41     Nov 1, 2007
  2. So, explain, what is a big deal in your books? They hardly come bigger than this.

Anyway, your now agin down 600 YM points, or US$3000 per contract. Maybe you should start trading instead of floating around like a duck and making us all mad with your monotonous chatter.

#42     Nov 1, 2007
  3. No more rate cuts! You are on your own:)

John

#43     Nov 1, 2007
  4. bluud

bluud

I'm gonna get out of some of my long positions

#44     Nov 1, 2007
  5. A big deal in my book would be a nearby type 2 supernova, foreign object entering solar system and disrupting orbit of earth and moon, a nuclear war, pandmic, sudden collapse of global infastructure by terrorists, a mega bubble and overvalution.

#45     Nov 1, 2007
  6. bluud

bluud

I wish I could get some LSD too

#46     Nov 1, 2007
  7. gobar

gobar

buy now...

market has bottomed...

2morrow market is going up ...

ADP report and monster both showed healthy job growth...

#47     Nov 1, 2007
  8. Did you not read the post? It said RUT was up 120% over the last 5 years, while DOW/SPX were up only 60/70%.

Since that little scare a couple months ago, RUT is a down a bit while NDX is up >10%.

Last year ( and the 3 years prior) RUT beat DJX,SPX, & NDX. This year it is the laggard of the four while large-cap tech is the leader. This is classic late-stage bull market. It appears you know less about the business cycle than almost anyone on these boards.

#48     Nov 1, 2007
  9. That may be true, but the trend of the rut outpferperming os coming to an end. 2007 has been a bad year for the RUT and 2008 will be the same.

It has nothing to do with the bull/bear cycles. It has to do with which companies stand to benefit the most from global growth and globalization. So far, large cap stocks benefit the most which is why they are outperforming the smaller caps

#49     Nov 1, 2007
  10. That is complete nonsense. It has everything to do with the business cycle. Large Cap companies can't grow like small caps but they also don't get crushed like samll caps either. They are defensive man. Do you study the markets at all or just spend your whole day cheerleading?

#50     Nov 1, 2007