Black Thursday: Rate cut failed to spark market, now we take the "Big Dump" oh pain!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jreynolds212, Jan 30, 2008.

1. ammo

ammo

market is always priced 6 months out,great traders are always priced 6days out,this is a selloff leading into nov exp,most exp's rally ,so sell your puts now and cover wed nite ,thur morn ,i.m shorting the 100/99 put sprd in spy for .90-.95,,10 - .05 risk ,for 5-6 times reward

#31     Nov 12, 2008
  2. Bad earnings have been discounted. Looks like there are no more compelling reasons to keep selling and no more sellers left.

#32     Nov 12, 2008
  3. I have to agree with Stock trad3........I hate to admit that but he has a point.

Market has discounted earnings, for next quarter as well. Sellers are out......Most smart money sold a year ago.

The only people left are Pension Funds, 401ks, and those who have a very small part of their net worth in the markets.

The next phase that will bring about the depression will be a full on "CRASH" caused by throwing in the towel. A 1000 plus sell off that will be the signal for all funds to go to cash.....hedgefunds are going under and liquidating every day.

Not sure how much of euro-land is left in our markets.

The selling is left to the "Small Folk" now. Only time before a generation of "retirements" will be gone.

But I don't think it will happen tomorrow

#33     Nov 12, 2008
  4. Estimates are still way to high for 4th qtr and next year. Once they start to come down in a meaningful way the air will clear a bit. Once stock throws in the towel on his uber bullishness the mkt can rally.

#34     Nov 13, 2008
  5. Up we go. The dow only down 12 points. I didn;t even check the market this morning. Just buy and hold. No need to overanalyze the news or charts.

#35     Nov 13, 2008
  6. The ES is taking the dump in AH. Time to consider a Black Thursday...

#36     Dec 11, 2008
  7. Except that tomorrow is Friday.

#37     Dec 11, 2008