Black Thursday: Rate cut failed to spark market, now we take the "Big Dump" oh pain!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jreynolds212, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Paaiiiin.............for the shorts

#11     Jan 31, 2008
  2. S2007S

S2007S

sold my inverse funds this morning at 9:45am, bought them back when the dow was just going green, down a little on them but not worried, my overall portfolio is up about 1.2% now.

:)

#12     Jan 31, 2008
  3. But I love these guys. Great contrarian indicators on here.

#13     Jan 31, 2008
  4. Agree 100%. I wish I knew for sure that the potential revenue from those who would choose to subscribe would equal the ad revenue generated by a site that receives xx page views, (views which are of course padded by the likes of weiners like jreynolds). I have a feeling that the number don't add up.

I've done my share of padding over in P & R, I suppose, but those posts aren't in the trading section. Weiners like jreynolds should be banished to Chit Chat/P & R after it becomes clear what they're here for.

The thought of someone starting a new site with a subscription fee passed through my mind the other day. What a pleasure it would be to have the best of ET at a site where we wouldn't have to deal with this type of thing. I'd pay up in a second.

#14     Jan 31, 2008
  5. You ruined the sell off JR!!!!!!!!

I tried to believe you this time, I really did. Say it with me now.. Don't.. fight..... the.... J..R... undication..

#15     Jan 31, 2008
  6. S2007S

S2007S

all these bulls must be happy that the only thing working for them are these massive rate cuts, 1.25% worth of them in only 2 weeks, how far the markets can stretch on this news is still in question....I wouldnt be too bullish, rate cuts arent going to prop the economy back up anytime soon, housing has yet to find a bottom and consumer spending still slowing.

#16     Jan 31, 2008
  7. S2007S

S2007S

google and job numbers to determine another 2% bounce higher tomorrow, however if you have profits now might be the time to take them.

#17     Jan 31, 2008
  8. Agreed 100%

I suggested this to Baron years ago and he failed to grasp the "Big Picture". There hasn't been anything done to retain "experienced" market participants/professionals on ET. Instead, we have a thread a minute generated by one or two individuals with about a dozen alias screen names to generate web "activity" - - - quality of content be damned.

Some of these individuals simply "cut and paste" financial news from Yahoo on ET, make comments about market direction, and yet admit that they don't even trade for a living . . . but all they do is hang-out in the Trading Forum making one prognostication after another. ("S2007S" and a whole host of others come to mind.)

Someone should start-up an "alternative" web-site to ET and charge a small monthly subscription fee via PayPal to weed out the idiots and keep the content of the site at a high level.

#18     Jan 31, 2008
  9. It would also get rid of the need for people like snake-oil Sykes...

Win/Win

#19     Jan 31, 2008
  10. Bowgett

Bowgett

How is your Black [insert day of the week] is doing? ;)

#20     Jan 31, 2008