Black THURSDAY For Rnvs - 75% One Day Loss!!!

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by eagle488, Oct 26, 2006.

1. max is right, intraday moves are purely based on technicals, rarely see a stock down 70%+ bein' sold off...r/r ain't there, risk much more concentrated on the upside and players luv to buy fear on bio.

#21     Oct 26, 2006
  2. i have to learn to play 'em tho, but yeah, a few c move can wipe u out if leveraged.

#22     Oct 26, 2006

3. as far as i saw they all move in similar fashion...another penny bio crap tumbled 50% or so months ago and this move is almost identical. banked half a $ on this sob, hee hee.

#23     Oct 26, 2006
  4. In a case like this there is no time for valuation, I got the word at 8:23 and didn't really think about it. Then here's how I analyzed it. Stock took a 75% whack, it has 5m shares short, those guys are scrambling to cover giving a solid bottom to the price. Then it's just a matter of how many step in and think "Hey, that's dirt cheap." They probably are not a one trick pony and will go on to develop some other drug with the 100 million in cash that they have. Book value is 3.60, the stock was selling for 3.52, end of analysis, click "Buy." If it goes south click "Sell."

#24     Oct 26, 2006
  5. BTW, thanks eagle488 for the heads up.

#25     Oct 26, 2006
  6. kjsnow25

kjsnow25

quick, what do they have in the pipeline?

and also, how long does 100 mil last if you don't have anything in the pipeline?

how many biottech companies are in this space? Why would you now enter in here as a LT investor when you can find someone else who does have something in Phase 2 or 3...?

100 mil won't last these guys two years.

I'm just throwing out facts. I never said that a resulatnat run up from a short cover isn't tradeable. I was pointing out the scary and nasty nature of a binary trial in asopace where there has been no success, ever.

Thanks for the gang tackle, though, and to cite my quotes. I feel special.... :>

#26     Oct 26, 2006
  7. Holy bejezuz, blind leading the blind here. When you're trading 400 shares of a 3 dollar stock you should probably stick to the "learning" phase rather than jumping straight to the "teaching" one.

#27     Oct 26, 2006
  8. The hundred mil only has to last for the time the trade is in effect, less than 2 hours. The trade made money. End of story.

#28     Oct 26, 2006
  9. First thanks for the post. These stocks are interesting to watch.
    Carnage like this is rare. Trading this stock without a stop would have hurt. UUGH!! Just looking at this chart gives me a knot in my stomach. I am curious if the company has any long term rebound prospects. What is cheap usually gets cheaper. Price action after the open was poor, with a quick spike to $4.00; the stock was tanking on the close, close $3.44. Is this an R.I.P candidate?

#29     Oct 26, 2006
  10. kjsnow25

kjsnow25

3.14 close today, I'd imagine you're all in her snapping up some as it's below book value, right?

any new theories I should know about?

amazing no one ever revisits a trade later to see what they could have learned, and/or admit it.....

#30     Nov 6, 2006