`Black Swan' Author Says Investors Should Sue Nobel for Crisis

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Optionpro007, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Claudius

Claudius

Remember Donald Rumsfeld's "Unknown unknowns" quote?

"There are known knowns; there are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns; that is to say, there are things that we now know we don’t know. But there are also unknown unknowns; there are things we do not know we don’t know."

He was mocked mercilessly by the media, and yet it was probably one of the most profound and honest statements ever made by a politician.

#51     Oct 9, 2010
  2. Cheers: Taleb, Soros, Volker, Buffett

Jeers: Bernake, Greenspan, Geithner, Sommers

#52     Oct 10, 2010
  3. These are typical marketing methods for selling more of his books. His statements are vague and meaningless.

#53     Oct 10, 2010
  4. Thats why economics is a soft science.. not a hard one. it blows wherevere people want it to blow.

#55     Oct 10, 2010
  5. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

Well, now that we are a public company we had a chance to rebuild our somewhat aging system. We are in a process of building the room with a lot more visual effect including transparent screens, virtual reality goggles and 3D. Once we are done I'll post the pictures. Should be fun! I have been battling with illness, so it took a bit longer to get back on the horse.

Cheers,
    MAESTRO

#56     Oct 10, 2010
  6. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

It was a joke and a good one too! Its' all good! I am glad that people remember me here.

Cheers,
    MAESTRO

#57     Oct 10, 2010
  7. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

I have been writing my own book on this subject for 2 years now. It is incredibly difficult! The concept of unknown really hurts your brain. I am hoping to be done soon and publish it (don't know how long will it take) but I am prepared to send a copy to a few select people for their feedback. The book is called "The Silver Scroll" and its a mixture of science and fiction. I thought it would be easier to present my ideas in this format.

Cheers,
    MAESTRO

#58     Oct 10, 2010
    beginner66 likes this.
  8. My apologies LEAPup and Maestro.

Never forgotten Maestro by a lot of people on here ! One of the few who makes one think more !

Best
    John

#59     Oct 10, 2010