`Black Swan' Author Says Investors Should Sue Nobel for Crisis

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Optionpro007, Oct 8, 2010.

1. zdreg

zdreg

that may be. however he has a bunch of groupies consisting of good looking college girls following him around at public appearances.

do you have the same opinion of jim rogers?

#42     Oct 9, 2010
  2. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

Most people do not usually understand Taleb's message. They treat his conclusions literally. However, the philosophy of "unknown" as well as the concept of "random" escapes 99.99% of people as we (humans) are not fit to fully comprehend those concepts. Naturally, inability to understand true meaning of randomness raises anger and animosity towards people who have made an effort to research this difficult subject.

#44     Oct 9, 2010
  3. I think it's very funny how everyone keeps asking Taleb:

You think this is a black swan? How about that? Black swan? Surely that has got to be a black swan?

:p

#45     Oct 9, 2010
  4. Asset backed securities consist of lots of streams of legally obligated debt. The issuer is simply passing on the debt to someone else in a package.
    You, the guy with the credit card debt, still have to pay it off.
    The company that issued the ABS isn't issuing its own debt; it's repackaging and selling the debt of others.
    An ABS on credit cards sold by JPM is not an obligation of JPM. That should be obvious. It's not relevant to this conversation.
    Preferred stock sold by JPM gives them Tier 1 equity. Or at least that's how it used to be treated. That may have changed since the crisis, but I don't think so.
    Note: equity, not debt.

#46     Oct 9, 2010
  5. LEAPup

LEAPup

Don't listen to this MEASTRO guy! He trades from an old laptop.:D :D :D

Any new changes to your trading setup bro? I showed some pics to the guys I work with, and they said they thought they were doing good with three 24" monitors. Lol!

#47     Oct 9, 2010
  6. That claim is preposterous. A lot of people made a lot of money, hands had to change. I think looking forward into the future and proposing solutions would bring some upside to our economy.

#48     Oct 9, 2010
  7. You are totally incorrect. You have zero credability here but Maestro has earned the stripes. Show some respect.

Envy has many forms.

Best
    John

#49     Oct 9, 2010
  8. Just curious -- have any of the <i>experts</i> on this thread actually <i>read</i> NT's three books?

#50     Oct 9, 2010