Black Monday

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Trendytrader, Mar 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duard

duard

Mandelbrot is proud of this fat-tail event.

Although he was unable to forecast price movement, volatility on the otherhand is self-fulfilling.

So bring extra shotgun shells 'cause on this trip there is a good chance you're gonna limit out quick and you can give the "extra" birds to your friends and family to fill the freezer.

Word to the wise. Make sure none of your hunting buddies is named Dick.

#21     Mar 4, 2007
  2. gosh ... the bulls must love this "black monday" talk

for the open in asia ... US stock index futures are indicated higher

whether we end up monday up 5-10 handles or down the same number of handles ... gosh .. my tea leaves are not telling me

:p

#22     Mar 4, 2007
  3. Just watch ^aord index for a few weeks
    Will correct
    then drops like hell
    I think we will see it below 4800 this year

#23     Mar 4, 2007
  4. HOLY MOTHER OF GOD! IT'S BLOOD IN THE STREETS!!!!!!!

THE SKY IS FALLING!!!

#24     Mar 4, 2007
  5. One thing for sure. Its a hell of a lot more exciting now than the previous few weeks.

#25     Mar 4, 2007
  6. S2007S

S2007S

true the risk to reward ratio has now gone to the bears, its just that this market is soo crazy anything is possible. Besides that I would pay very close attention to the Sensex, its entering a bear market below 12801, I have posted numerous articles about the Sensex in the past month, too bad they were ignored by the bulls.

#26     Mar 4, 2007
  7. ^aord
    see u guys at 3000 by Nov 2010

#27     Mar 4, 2007
  8. Watch 5600 might coorect from there

#28     Mar 4, 2007
  9. S2007S

S2007S

got this off the other forum,

So where do 3%+ declines usually occur during bull and bear markets? We looked at all bull and bear markets going back to 1962 to find out. If a bear market has indeed started, the 3%+ decline just 5 days in, will be the earliest yet. As shown in the first table below, most come well into bear markets. If the bull market continues, past data shows that there are plenty more days to come before the end of the cycle.

In all instances of 3%+ declines, the averages show that the S&P 500 rises in the month and three months following. When the 3%+ declines come during bear markets, the average gain over the next month is 3.40% and 4.35% over the next three months. When the 3%+ declines come during bull markets, the average gain over the next month is 2.95% and 9.32% over the next three months.

#29     Mar 4, 2007
  10. S2007S

S2007S

If we do enter a bear market whats the big deal, these markets have been running strong for nearly 5 years. Nothing runs straight up forever. Corporate profits will eventually slow, the economy has to go through these sort of cycles.

#30     Mar 4, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.