Black Monday

Discussion in 'Trading' started by The Kin, Aug 28, 2005.

1. Category 5 hurricane cannot be good for the economy. At 175 mph winds it's expected the large office and residential towers will sway violently and some even collapse 9/11 style. I do pray everyone can make it out of the Hurricane's path ASAP.

2. I started 2 threads with the same title on the 15 and 16 of August. People were laughing and the thread was moved to chit-chat. you had the likes of Eqttrdr and Rickshaw Man blathering on about easy money at the top, it was beautiful man. I am on the record for my call, I want Joe Battapaglia's job.

Does anyone have any contacts on the Street? I would even move to NY if I had to.

I hope this thread stays active...

3. We'll see... I'm a big joker sometimes when I create threads but this time I'm serious. When I woke up this morning and saw a category 5 hurricane with plans to make a direct hit on New Orleans made me sick to my stomach. Even though I stand to make a lot of money being long oil. (CADUSD, CADYPY, Canadian Energy)

4. Babak

Babak

I know what you mean but as traders we have a job to do. Kinda reminds me of the story re Chernobyl in Liar's Poker. While most people were freaking out about the crisis the Artful Dodger was busy going long potato futures. That's what traders do.