black monday

Discussion in 'Trading' started by liulala, Oct 12, 2008.

1. wjk

wjk

It's all good:)

#21     Oct 12, 2008
  2. Bushido

Bushido

All this debate and the sheer quantity of people on ET calling it a contrarian indicator makes me think..

A number of people for a while have considered ET as a contrarian indicator, most kept their mouth shut for a while, then someone speaks about it and eventually a majority here start believing it. Kind of reminds me like an Uncle of mine, my personal contrarian indicator.. He's never believes in an uptrend but decides to get in when people have made their money and then refuses to believe in a downturn and finally gets drained out and decides to get out at the bottom, being the 3rd generation of traders in my family I can confidently say we have enjoyed his sorrow for years, its a good thing he never gives up, but imagine if we had to tell him that he is a contrarian indicator, he would definitely loose his gift.

That gets me back to the thought:
    Is the fact the a lot of people (The mobs and trolls too) here on ET believing that it is a contrarian indicator has itself a contrarian indicator.

Did we kill the golden goose?

#22     Oct 12, 2008
  3. They are catching up....closed since Wednesday.

#24     Oct 12, 2008
  4. AAA30

AAA30

#25     Oct 12, 2008
  5. The bigger question to ask is whether they will sell into the rally or not.

#26     Oct 12, 2008
  6. #27     Oct 12, 2008
  7. Well, so far, NQs stopped cold at Fridays high and ES not strong enough to make it to Friday's high - - the night is young tho.

Steve

#28     Oct 12, 2008
  8. gnome

gnome

Suspect they won't sell. The authorities basically committed to "throw everthing they have" at the problem.

If sellers were to dump after this, there wouldn't be much else the authorities could do.

If necessary, the PPT would be buying ES to prevent the appearance of rejection.

#29     Oct 12, 2008