black monday / panic monday

Discussion in 'Trading' started by SethArb, Jan 24, 2010.

1. No problem. AMT has always been very helpful. I think the only 2 companies that provide the necessary data are InvestorRT and marketdelta with DTNIQ as the datafeed. The daily alerts is terrific as you get to see realtime exactly what AMT is looking at. IRT and MD are not needed if you have the daily alerts. IMO the delta course will expedite the learning process as it allows you to watch prior days recordings along with fundamentals.

#31     Jan 24, 2010
  2. Who cares. You're either positioned one way or the other. Nothing you can do except take what it gives you.

#32     Jan 24, 2010
  3. Shit are you serious?!

Are you sure it's not a tiger or an elephant?

You know for a fact it's a whale...right?

#33     Jan 24, 2010
  4. Futures look fine to me at 6:30AM EST. In fact, they look better than fine.

#34     Jan 25, 2010
  5. S2007S

S2007S

Wow the buyers are back after a 3 day vacation. If existing home sales show improvement today markets will easily gain 1%++++.

#35     Jan 25, 2010
  6. #36     Jan 25, 2010
  7. jorgez

jorgez

Quote from AMT4SWA:

................................ If you track Cumulative Delta you can easily spot zones of accumulated inventory throughout the trade day (as a trader tracks the various Delta Volume Distribution patterns that keep repeating over and over again).

excellent work ... can you expand on the above please?

-----------------------------------------------

Looks like my question has been answered by following posters and AMT4SWA is simply applying accumulating bid-ask delta to the Tick.

For the life of me I could not see how he could extract bid-ask data from
    $TICK.Z [1 minute] alone

This approach has merits while you are learning to follow the price chart.
    There are some serious pitfalls, but you will discover them eventually.

#37     Jan 25, 2010
  8. My tracking of the Cumulative Delta has nothing to do with the NYSE TICK......separate items. The NYSE TICK is only for spotting BUY and SELL program trends/activities in equities.

Tracking the Cumulative Delta this month as Commercials accumulated a large SHORT position in the 1144.00 to 1148.00 zone of price was very good information to pay attention to.....but this had nothing to do with my daily tracking of the NYSE TICK.

#38     Jan 25, 2010
  9. It's been a nice run up ....time to head down some .... Friday was the signal to move to the short side. I think we are looking a ride down to sub 10k, question is how far.

#39     Apr 17, 2010
  10. This news (GS) would be a good excuse to head down, I am not so sure that we are going to and if we do, it is going right back up.

It is not like this was unexpected. What was unexpected is that the SEC is actually doing something about it.

#40     Apr 17, 2010