black monday / panic monday

Discussion in 'Trading' started by SethArb, Jan 24, 2010.

1. jorgez

jorgez

excellent work ... can you expand on the above please

#21     Jan 24, 2010
  2. No entirely true. I have developed my own technical indicator: San Francisco Weather. If the SF weather is sunny and pleasant, the the market is up, and vice versa. Last few days it had been cold and rainy in SF, so the market is down. Today, Sunday, it gloomy and cloudy; so, there may be more selling to come.

#22     Jan 24, 2010
  3. tortoise

tortoise

yes, but probably not this week ... or next month

#23     Jan 24, 2010
  4. Myshkin

Myshkin

Thanks a lot for the answer but just to clarify(and team up with jorgez' curiosity), I think you are saying it is not indicated on this particular chart but you have other software (perhaps your Ninja charts) that has some sort of buy vs. sell volume indicator that will likewise show ebbs and flows in the short as a % of the float statistic? I think I have something like that on Esignal but either can't find it or more likely, have to pay extra for it.
    Either way, those extra 50k short contracts just serve to corroborate the technical evidence that we are heading down. As you said it is a rare occurence, is it something that generally accompanies the start of a trend or something that they who initiated the shorts might just yard off in the next few days in those funky algo ways that we will not even detect?
    Is this one of those million dollar questions (or in my case, maybe $1200)?
    Thanks again:)

#24     Jan 24, 2010
  5. I have seen AMT show how to read cumulative delta for the past 6 months at fulcrumtrader.com . It really is a terrific place to learn and especially lately being able to see his charts realtime. I personally have found it very helpful. One still needs to learn strategy, risk parameters, etc but being able to read the volume flow can only help in the journey imo.

#25     Jan 24, 2010
  6. S2007S

S2007S

AN EXTREMELY BUSY WEEK IS BUILDING UP, this week alone we have fed announcement and meeting, hundreds of earnings reports especially from AAPL, CAT, JNJ, MMM, AMZN, and MSFT. All major market movers, then on wednesday on top of the 2:15pm fed announcement we have Apple announcing one of its biggest announcements since the Iphone came out, the new tablet, no one knows for sure what it involves but I can say about 99% of the analysts out there and tech geeks are just going crazy over it.

As for panic monday, leaning towards less than a 1% chance of any possible major, major sell off. If anything I think there might be a chance of some buying in mondays session, after that earnings take center stage and news out of apple alone will move the entire market.

#26     Jan 24, 2010
  7. -monday, leaning towards less than a 1% chance of any possible major, major sell off. -

tell that to the whale who is showing size pre market in the nas100 futures a lot lower than fridays close

( personally I think it is a total "spoof " and the offer will lift in a few minutes )

#27     Jan 24, 2010
  8. Myshkin

Myshkin

Thanks a lot for the link, AMT really has it going on (as if you could not tell from SOME of his other posts, i.e. NOT the politics:p

Duh-uh-uh, seems as if AMT is not using Ninja at all and is using some other software. On that, if you have subscribed, do you have to subscribe to a specific software to have access to the delta volume indicators as i have esignal (and already paid for another 8 months so... Also, in your opinion, any benefit to joining the daily alerts without having the base of the delta volume analysis course?

Thanks so much!!

#28     Jan 24, 2010
  9. S2007S

S2007S

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cQyFxBG6dhY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cQyFxBG6dhY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

#29     Jan 24, 2010
  10. hows retirement coming along?

#30     Jan 24, 2010