Black Monday Oct 31, 2011

Discussion in 'Trading' started by nitro, Oct 19, 2011.

1. nitro's daughter's Father's Day prayer ....

Dear God, this year please send clothes for all the poor ladies in daddy's computer - Amen.

#41     Oct 31, 2011
  2. Pure bullshit selloff because this is not a trend reversal.

This thing will end up higher for the week.

Great buying opportunity... if you leg in you may find your self long in another bullshit rally. But hey, if your long, who cares.

Yes, I'm super Bearish on American in general but you can't fight the puppet master (FED).

#42     Oct 31, 2011
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

Well, we have to give at least a B+ for the prediction, the market sold off 2.45% on the given date. Not a crash, but if you shorted on Friday at the close, you made decent money.

Right now the ES is 40 pts lower than the Friday's high, and the Dow did close under 12K...

So I say, Nitro gets B+ :)

#43     Oct 31, 2011
  4. Picaso

Picaso

B+ it is

#44     Oct 31, 2011
  5. in the spirit of PTI - I'd give it a C++

My NDX and OIH puts were up almost 55%. Looks like more downside... but gotta check my dart board's fair value.

#45     Oct 31, 2011
  6. Don't get upset... but are you a contrarian indicator?? Just a few days ago if I am not mistaken you were looking for a large sell-off. Now when we start down you are looking for the opposite direction. What is the basis for your view... "bullshit selloff" and "puppet master." Is that the basis for analysis... I will have to try it :)

What does it mean "not a trend reversal. No one can possibly conclude that after ONE day. Trend reversals do not always confirm immediately. Now, if you said this was not a "key reversal", I'd agree. But whether its a ST top or not, remains to be seen.

That said, I agree we probably end higher by Friday merely because it is November. But it's not for sure.

#46     Oct 31, 2011
  7. He gets an A+ for luck, that's for sure!

#47     Oct 31, 2011
  8. This is not a crash. It was/is a pullback. It was obvious.

#48     Oct 31, 2011
  9. FSU

FSU

I've been singing this all day long

Thanks Blackhawk

#49     Oct 31, 2011
  10. MF shutting down and the Yen devaluing. Either he had inside knowledge or he is lucky.

#50     Nov 1, 2011