Black Monday: Nuclear Meltdown in Japan

Discussion in 'Trading' started by bond_trad3r, Mar 12, 2011.

1. [​IMG]

#11     Mar 12, 2011
  2. Exactly.

#12     Mar 12, 2011
  3. Larson

Larson Guest

Damn straight. Talk is cheap.

#13     Mar 12, 2011
  4. Obama will borrow money from our great-great-great-great grandchildren and give money and resources on behalf of US citizens and jackasses like you. [​IMG]

#14     Mar 12, 2011
  5. The circus has begun. Your reaction to nuclear fall-out may be typical of what our press will portray in the coming days. By Monday many people in the western U.S. will be aware of the nuclear fall-out that is coming their way from Japan and will be dumped in their laps.

It will be very interesting to see how the media continues to portray this risk continuing to stir up the public as we watch the markets react to the media circus. The uncertainty surrounding this nuclear event may cause a small number of people to panic over the possible unknown implications of exposure. They will be the ones screaming at the TV cameras to be saved from this catastrophe.

But have no fear, I can hear BO’s voice whistling in my ears as he climbs on his pulpit Monday saying he will release 10 million units of potassium iodate to all who believe in him and vote his way in 2012. We will all be saved.

#15     Mar 12, 2011
  6. spindr0

spindr0

What's so ironic is that the movie was released a week or two before the accident at the Three Mile Island nuclear reactor.

#16     Mar 12, 2011
  7. Kanzei

Kanzei

Rabbit,

The media are saying "radiation levels are dropping" and "10km from a meltdown is safe". They're saying there's no meltdown and putting "experts" up there saying the cesium being released is no big deal.

They're downplaying it to prevent panic in Japan and cover up for government negligence.

Reminds me of Christy Whitman saying "you don't need masks" at the WTC collapse, and then immediately putting her mask on when the cameras went off.

#17     Mar 12, 2011
  8. Zero impact on SPX after 3-mile. Amazing.

#18     Mar 12, 2011
  9. #19     Mar 12, 2011