Black Monday? Bull Monday?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by DisciplinedHedg, Jul 20, 2002.

1. Babak

Babak

I think WCOM's filing for Chapter 11 will cause a gap down. Unless it doesn't. :D

#51     Jul 21, 2002
  2. The same.

Nikkei currently down 200+, spoo -8.80. News flash.

#52     Jul 21, 2002
  3. Rigel

Rigel

There's a certain type of dangerous individual who's very highest ideal is that their will prevails.

#53     Jul 21, 2002
  4. well, monday should be even more interesting with the wcome bankruptcy.

#54     Jul 21, 2002
  5. I'm thinking, fade the news....but I know the public is gonna be thinking 'dump!'

Just imagine what the drumbeat 'worlds biggest bankruptcy filing' will do to their tormented minds.

no time to post lizards just now.

#55     Jul 21, 2002
  6. janko

janko

i just wonder what is the general public going to do if majority of them does start selling out of everything just to be out of the mkts, then by some means we put in some sort of a bottom, rally the mkt several hundred points on nasdaq and they'll just sit there in despair saying, i knew it, moment i sell the mkt goes up. Its because the big boys manipulate the mkts to take my money.
    See i have to deal with thses type of clients and it just amazes me that after all this time, we make the same mistakes over and over and blame others. Ohhh this ought to be fun.

#56     Jul 21, 2002
  7. of course that's what they'll say. (unless they don't :D , but some will)

#57     Jul 21, 2002
  8. Retail and the general public will sell at or near the bottom and buy near the top :-}

#58     Jul 21, 2002
  9. babe714

babe714

the people i work with are bailing out of stocks in their 401k's , the pain has become excruciating for them . they never realized this could happen , you just buy and hold and make your 20% a year . i told them to sell at least a little, back a couple years ago when the trendlines went vertical but it was like talking to a wall .

#59     Jul 22, 2002
  10. Midnight before the market opens...

The polls show that the overwhelming majority...

...are all massively divided in their opinion and as a whole have no idea what the he** is going on in this market.

How reassuring. :confused:

#60     Jul 22, 2002