Black Monday - Asia Markets down 3-5%, futures blood red

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jreynolds212, Jan 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taking a look at Asia and noting nothing unusual. With no direction from our mkts and with the hangover from last weeks action, there was surprisingly little movement. As of this posting India was regaining some ground and other index downward movements were shallowing. Being oversold does not always mean we get a one or two day bounce here in the US...but DJ-30 action on Friday implies a try at a first swinglow vsoon.

However...be VERY afraid!! The Floor loves it!

#11     Jan 21, 2008
  2. Here are some more thoughts for all that want to think and believe. We have not had a good 25-30% correction since 2000-2002 time-frame. This is a good time. Recessions typically dump the stock market down 25-30%. The good news is that we only have 13% more down to go before I believe we can safely start backing the truck for some good long plays.

Its amazing when you throw some Keltner channels and Bollinger Bands around the weekly spy. It almost looks as if everything was so neatly arranged these last few years. Now it looks like Bollinger and Keltner cant stop the market selloff with their bands.

The buy signal in past years was to get in when the spy reached the bottom Keltner or Bollinger. Uh-oh, I dont think that thesis rings true anymore.

#12     Jan 21, 2008
  3. Woh the market is seeling off big time after hours

#13     Jan 21, 2008
  4. paradox

paradox

Spike lower on the US indexes!

#14     Jan 21, 2008
  5. Digs

Digs

Unless MBIA is bust, then HUGE RALLY AFTER OPEN !

Down 32 on ES as I write this !

#15     Jan 21, 2008
  6. nkhoi

nkhoi

[​IMG]

#16     Jan 21, 2008
  7. ES now down 42.

Europe bloody too:

FTSE down 2.5%
    DAX down 3.5%
    CAC down over 3.5%

#17     Jan 21, 2008
  8. jasonjm

jasonjm

wow

I dont normally stay up late, so I've never seen this before

but then again, I doubt many people have seen ES futures down 4% before market is even open

#18     Jan 21, 2008
  9. jasonjm

jasonjm

BTW im long at 1289 on the ES now

call me insane or stupid I guess

TP 1350

#19     Jan 21, 2008
  10. Digs

Digs

In 1987

market GAPPED down thru long term support, then the next day down 23% in one day.

So the next two days could be history making...

#20     Jan 21, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.