Black Hole

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ShoeshineBoy, Feb 18, 2004.

1. the end is near ...

2. nitro

nitro

You always crack me up.

LMAO

nitro :D :D

3. nitro

nitro

BTW, Sagittarius A*, the supermassive Black Hole believed to be at the center of the Milky Way, is estimated to be at about 2.6 Million Solar Masses, and the size of the Earth.

nitro :eek:

4. prophet

prophet

5. So now it is the hole that is doing the ripping?

Sweet!

6. Oh, and for what it is worth, CERN is finishing up the largest accelerator ever made, and when it goes online it will have enough energy to produce miniature black holes.

The CERN scientists believe this will help us better understand the multi-dimensional theories involved in string theory, but I cannot help but wonder what would happen if these "really small micro-black holes" did not evaporate according to Hawkings theories.

If there was some chance that one of these black holes absorbed another particle, and then another, and another ... well it wouldn't be good for Earth.

If I'm not mistaken, there was once a theory that stated the reason we cannot find super-advanced life in the universe is because all of them were at some point destroyed by the same experiment.

Imagine reading CNN one morning:

<b>BREAKING NEWS: CERN creates black hole that doesn't dissipate -- black hole currently heading towards center of Earth, growing larger with each passing second</b>

That's when you just drink your coffee, call in sick and find a couple of cheap hookers before the grand finale.

7. Actually, considering Einstein's paradox...

the start is here...

8. prophet

prophet

9. In that case, might as well get expensive hookers :D

-Fast

#10     Feb 19, 2004