Black Friday

Discussion in 'Trading' started by dont, Aug 10, 2007.

1. dont

dont

Somebody had to say it :D

And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
    Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world.

Who would have thought a poet was a trader.

2. FGBS

FGBS

hope your trading skills are better than your poem writing skills...

3. kut2k2

kut2k2

4. notouch

notouch

The BBC news website is leading on the fall in world stock indexes which is usually an indicator of a bottom.

5. Normally I'd agree. But to say there is a bottom is to say that we've seen the last fund freezing assets, or the last bank claiming difficulty with subprime.

Have we?

6. dont

dont

I was refering to Yeats being the trader not me:p

7. talks of a black friday/monday have been looming.

dow record
    oil prices up
    loan costs up
    us dollar down
    market crash 1987.

although, im not certain how likely... some ppl have been talking about it. any thoughts?

8. dont

dont

To be honest I have know idea, but if it all passes, they will say, "oh well, it was over sold and the retail traders panicked."

If it turns in a massive panic sell off and few big insto's go under, then it will be it was because of a repricing of "fill in blank".

One thing I can promise though the world will still be here in a weeks time.

And secretly I will be laughing at the bosons that thought that it was great when we had big up days for days on end, and now they are being hammered by the volatility.

9. hdawg87

hdawg87

What is... risk?

:D

10. I find irony in all this. Every day for a year we have heard about the sub prime mess which was ignored by the market. Really what is different from a few weeks ago when ES was at $1560.00. I am just pointing out how now this story is the reason for the downturn, seems like a bs shakeout to me.

#10     Aug 10, 2007