Black Friday Surprise equivalent to a surprise Fed cut?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by shortie, Nov 25, 2007.

1. I wonder how many credit cards an average day trader has.

#11     Nov 25, 2007
  2. gnome

gnome

I'm sure that's closer to the truth.

#12     Nov 25, 2007
  3. Depending on the time viewed and the news source the numbers have alot of variance.

Throughout Monday's 11.26.07 trading day the talking heads will take turns spinning their takes and the beat goes on...

It's good....no it's bad.

"Investors go on buying spree."

"Investors take profits."

"Investors cautiously await numbers."

That's just between 9:28 am and 9:33 am.

:p

#13     Nov 25, 2007
  4. The PPT wont go down without a fight. A big sharp rally is in order...followed of course by the mother of all tax loss selloffs lol. :D

#14     Nov 25, 2007
  5. American consumer stronger than ever.TOns of consumer spending. The cheap dollar benefit for hollidays sales.

No sign that the imaginary credit crunch and subprime and liquidity crisis as had any affect on consumer spending. (which isn't a surprise considering it is imaginary)

#15     Nov 26, 2007
  6. Schaefer

Schaefer

Big deal, I work in the retail business, and I have never seen this many people using their credit cards, and some people actually had to go through a couple of credit cards, until they find one that would work.

The sales may have increased, but so did the debt. Most of the customers that actually came into our stores and used cash were the immigrants.

The credit card debt melt down is next :eek:

Schaefer

#16     Nov 26, 2007
  7. Creditcards are rock solid. No meltdown will happen. Tons of spending. The debt is paid off in increments. The debt is sold and collects interest. IN the end, it all works out.
    good article:

http://www.howestreet.com/articles/index.php?article_id=5172

#17     Nov 26, 2007
  8. I'm very much an amateur when it comes to fundamentals but the overall atmosphere is that everyone is in fear that the financial/credit market bleeding is far from over and that you never know when you wake up with more of the same, bad news.

Anek

#18     Nov 26, 2007
  9. it is that kind of fear that actually drives the market higherin the long term. Then there is too much euphoria you need to worry.

#19     Nov 26, 2007
  10. just21

just21

Newsflow has been worse than in August but the market, is for now, above that low.

#20     Nov 26, 2007