Black Box

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by scalp100, Jan 26, 2004.

1. hey 'one' thanks for the post, 20% is a decent cut from what my research shows so far. I feel the same way about trading ideas. No matter how great a trading idea is, it will not make money unless it's implemented and constantly maintained. I have several trading strategies I use and I think finding a firm to maximize the potential of one trading idea for a cut of profits is a good risk/reward.

I have learned a bunch since I originally started this thread. After I've done more homework and come to some conclusions about the different black box firms I will post my experiences.

One last note; I'm not trying to market a trading 'system' to the public. Also, I'm not trying to buy a trading idea from anyone.

I have a proven trading edge which I would like a black box firm to program and trade for me. Thanks for all the posts!

Scalp

#21     Feb 4, 2004

2. We talk with people regularly that need assistance coding or testing systems but are hesitant to reveal the sensitive parameters of their strategies. Our clients typically seek protection in NDAs, references, and selective disclosure--the latter being the most common.

People generally don't reveal their entire strategy. Rather, they have us program what they can't, and they do the rest. Or, we program the basic strategy with blank parameters and they fill in the parameters. Sometimes a person will even give us instructions to code three totally different systems. Once we complete them, they'll then take components from each system and combine them into one on their own to mask how the pieces fit together.

#22     Feb 16, 2004
  3. sjp

sjp

Im afraid I dont have the technical expertise to answer this question.

Anyway, hope this helps,

Yours

#23     Feb 16, 2004
  4. Do you use "code names" also?

http://www.raisingarizona.com/

:D

#24     Feb 16, 2004
  5. nitro

nitro

20% ???

I would have done it for half that if the numbers in play were large.

nitro

#25     Feb 16, 2004
  6. Hi All,

What a bunch of crybabies in this thread! Nagging about supposed edges that they couldn't trade because of insufficient backing and missing black boxes.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

nononsense

#26     Feb 16, 2004
  7. Scalp.

I think i have several contacts that are in the black box business.

Let me know if you are interested.

#27     Mar 14, 2004
  8. Get a management fee...

Michael B.

#28     Mar 14, 2004
  9. ertrader1

ertrader1 Guest

YES CONTACT LASTATLANTIS at LASTATLANTIS.com or IM METOXX.

But be warned...dont come to these guys with some bullshit Blackbox system. You need to be 100% sure and not some clown who post on ET for kicks.

#29     Mar 14, 2004
  10. nitro

nitro

ES,

People that want to invest money, AFAIK, always want to do it in such a way so that there is no discretion involved. The reason is they want repeatability...I don't blame them.

Getting into that game brings a whole another set of skills. I have friends that went that route after being programmers at a hedge fund. They both told me the same thing. If you are not good at handholding "Investors," don't get into this business.

I have come to the conclusion that if you have a good system, you should trade it for your own account. The other possibilty is to hand it over to someone that can throw a large amount of money at it, but that has it's downside too.

The simplicity of it all is always striking, isn't it?

nitro

#30     Mar 14, 2004