Bizarre Matrox Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mjt, Jun 23, 2001.

1. mjt

mjt

Predictor

Appian probably is a better product. Don't just assume that you're going to have problems with Matrox. I seem to have problems every time I do something different with a computer. Even with Appian, I couldn't get it working until I called their tech support. (Except this time I figured it out myself)

Are you getting the 450? I only see one driver listed on the website. I would think that since you just ordered it, it would come with the latest driver.

#21     Jun 25, 2001
  2. Hi Guys! Just installed my new matrox card no problem, but can barely move my mouse when my execution software is open, so defeats the purpose of having the 2 monitors. Any suggestions please help!!!!

#22     Jun 25, 2001
  3. tntneo

tntneo Moderator

would you be more specific predictor, I can't picture what's happening...

#23     Jun 25, 2001
  4. My mouse is very slow. Lets say I'm moving it from left to right, it moves an inch than pauses even though I continue to move the mouse, then it jumps to the place where it is supposed to be, because I did not stop yet. It is kind of slow. If I press a button, it is very slow. Hope I made myself more clear, I spoke with a few people, and they say I should get colorgraphics, they are around $300 and are much better than matrox or ati. Any suggestions???

Thank you so much in advance for your help.

#24     Jun 25, 2001
  5. p2

p2

Predictor, make sure that you are using the video hardware to draw the mouse pointer and not a software mouse pointer.

If you have the latest Matrox drivers installed.

1) Go to Display Properties by right-click on your desktop.
    2) Select the Options tab.
    3) Under performance, select "Use hardware to draw color mouse pointer".

Also, make sure that under the "Troubleshooting" tab, make sure that hardware acceleration is set to full.

Hope that helps.

#25     Jun 26, 2001
  6. P2, thank you, I tried that already. I'm returning the matrox video card, and getting colorgraphics, it retails for $395, but I think it will be worth it.

Any ideas let me know, really appreciate all input

#26     Jun 26, 2001
  7. Maxito

Maxito

I am looking to purchase (mail order as I live in the USVI) a used multi-monitor card as the new prices are more that this Dell 500mz computer is worth. Any suggestions as to where to search? I've look at e-bay.

Thanks....
    Maxito
    maxwho@viaccess.net

#27     Jul 13, 2001