Bite Me Says: We Can't Recover All The Jobs Lost

Discussion in 'Economics' started by pspr, Jun 28, 2010.

1. drcha

drcha

Yes, yes, yes. The government has no idea how to create jobs. No government in the US has ever made headway with unemployment. Yet everyone forgets this, over and over again, as if it were the first recession we have ever had.

#11     Jun 28, 2010
  2. Negro? Incorrect.

Hatred? More like disgust.

#12     Jun 28, 2010
  3. I actually agree with some of your points and think its far worse. I think Obama is delaying response to push Carbon tax, windmills, and solar when nuclear and natural gas is much more practical. So how does less government help. You really believe there is a corporate conscience? You don't have to look far to see how Corporate conglomerates move from one third world dump to another always seeking the lowest price. Its how capitalism is designed. Extreme capitalism is bad as Communism. Marx was right in one aspect. Capitalism will sell you the noose to hang yourself.

As much as I disagree with some of Ron Paul's points I would be willing to give him a shot. What politics has showed me in 20 years of voting is there is very little real choice for change. One guy gives move crumbs to the poor and the other tax breaks to his cronies.

#13     Jun 28, 2010
  4. The issue is outsourcing jobs and manufacturing overseas is too cost effective. Until American workers lower their standards and accept comparable pay, benefits and work conditions as the foreign workforce the jobs will remain overseas.

As an employer... you can not afford not to virtualize your manufacturing and support... at least 5x cheaper.

#14     Jun 28, 2010
  5. jem

jem

yes - the defense dept, along with social spending have to be cut.
    homeland security is a bit of joke without a secure border... so lets cut some of that shit too. Government contractors all seem to make 6 figures... that needs to be cut by 15% right now if we can't balance the budget.

Revenues will go up with a flat tax you just have to pick the right level. And being that budget deficits are in the trillions we really do not have worry about fine tuning right now.

So why not go to 10%... more corporate taxes will come back to our shores.

#15     Jun 29, 2010
  6. +3

#16     Jun 29, 2010
  7. As usual the PODS (party of the dumb supporters) live in fantasyland if they think their party creates jobs. I guess if ya believe in an invisible man in the sky, then your gullable enough to believe anything!

Bush On Jobs: The Worst Track Record On Record

Republicans don't create jobs. Their sole existance is to transfer taxpayer dollars from intended programs into their corporate partners' pockets. That's it.

#17     Jun 29, 2010
  8. Nordic

Nordic

Obama and his misguided economic policies and advisors are nothing but a ship of fools sinking the US economy into an abyss deeper than the leaking BP oil well.

#18     Jun 29, 2010
  9. Saddest of all.... Obama and his clowns DON'T GIVE A CRAP.. about jobs nor the future of America. All he wants is to increase and solidify Big Government's role, power and control.... in everything economic and personal... :mad: :mad:

#19     Jun 29, 2010
  10. pspr

pspr

Wouldn't it be ironic if this unfolding Russian spy ring has members in Obama's administration? It wouldn't surpise me as much as many of them dislike the U.S.A.

#20     Jun 29, 2010