Bite Me Says: We Can't Recover All The Jobs Lost

Discussion in 'Economics' started by pspr, Jun 28, 2010.

1. pspr

pspr

So, the Democrats are saying we will have a zero growth economy from now on? Those idiots need to get out and let someone who knows how to create jobs take over. They are just there to press their "agenda" regardless of how it hurts the U.S.

----------

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20008924-503544.html

Vice President Joe Biden gave a stark assessment of the economy today, telling an audience of supporters, "there's no possibility to restore 8 million jobs lost in the Great Recession."

Appearing at a fundraiser with Sen. Russ Feingold (D-Wisc.) in Milwaukee, the vice president remarked that by the time he and President Obama took office in 2008, the gross domestic product had shrunk and hundreds of thousands of jobs had been lost.

"We inherited a godawful mess," he said, adding there was "no way to regenerate $3 trillion that was lost. Not misplaced, lost."

Claims for jobless benefits fell by the largest number in two months last week, but were still high enough to signal weak job growth. Meanwhile, the Senate on Thursday failed to pass an extension of unemployment benefits.

Biden said today the economy is improving and noted that in the past four quarters, there has been 4 percent growth in the economy. Over the last five months, more than 500,000 private sector jobs were created.

"We know that's not enough," the vice president said.

Last week the White House put out a Recovery and Reinvestment Act update claiming that between 2.2 million and 2.8 million jobs were either saved or created because of the stimulus as of March 2010. In signing the Recovery Act into law on Feb 17, 2009, Mr. Obama said the measure "will create or save 3-and-a-half million jobs over the next two years."

2. How do you create these jobs. Just wish for jobs and they appear. We are undergoing structural unemployment.

I will get a big laugh when 2012 a Republican becomes president and job market is still shitty.

Like somehow a president can magically snap their fingers and everyone has a job the next day.

3. It's 8:30 PM EST. President Obama is still a Negro.

The hatred must continue.

That is all.

4. pspr

pspr

You don't do it with higher taxes, massive social programs, anti business policies, open boarders, massive new public debt, threats and uncertain policies. Any moron can see that we're doing the opposite of what needs to be done. Current policies are even left of Europe! It's crazy.

5. jem

jem

I will tell you how its done.

12% flat tax.
    You want to know for sure.

You have to unleash the private sector...not shackle it.

Investments would fly over here from around the world.

6. clacy

clacy

It's amazing to me that you can't differentiate between a dislike for policy and racism.

Quite moronic.

7. +1

8. empee

empee

+2

9. Do you really believe the avg. American Corp. pays those high taxes claimed? 2nd only to Japan I recall. I don't. I believe they use offshore structures and all sorts of complicated tax avoidance methods. They are smart and will grind for every nickel like any smart business.

So you favor what. Libertarian Ron Paul? No government regulation low taxes. What do we do when the next Gulf spill happens? The Adam Smith Free Hand will solve it? C'mon Corporations with the exception of companies like REI don't give a damn about ppl or the environment its all about profits for shareholders and you know that. And no, I don't believe over regulation is the answer but we need some and that costs money.

Are you willing to cut the Defense budget? Because there is alot of pork there. I am willing to cut social programs are you willing to cut defense pork?

The last thing that needs mentioning is all Bush did with Greenspan is create a bubble. So do we want another bubble or sustainable growth? For all the crap Canada gets they are quietly smiling with no bubble except for Vancouver.

10. Retief

Retief

What the phuck has government regulation accomplished so far? Phucking nothing. There's a big ass hole in the ocean floor that has been spewing oil for the last 2 months, which the government can't fix or even figure out who's ass to kick. Government regulation isn't the cure, it's the disease.

#10     Jun 28, 2010