Bite Me Resorts to Nazi Imaging in Email Fundraising

Discussion in 'Politics' started by cstfx, Jul 1, 2010.

1. cstfx

cstfx

Biden Claims a GOP 'Blitzkrieg' (Updated) »
    BY MICHAEL MCAULIFF

Vice President Biden is out with an alarmed e-mail cash appeal warning that the GOP will mount a “blitzkrieg” against Democrats in the fall.

Comparing GOP tactics to the fast-striking forces of Nazi Germany, Biden warns in a message sent by the DCCC today: “As things heat up, you can expect House Democrats will be hit with a GOP blitzkrieg of vicious Swift-Boat-style attack ads, Karl Rove-inspired knockout tactics, thinly veiled attempts at character assassination and tea party disruptions.”

And while the GOP is mounting a blitzkrieg, Democrats are the allies.

“Our Democratic allies in the House need your help, and the President and I hope we can count on you to come to their defense so we can hold onto our Democratic Majority and continue moving American forward in a new direction,” Biden writes in the appeal.

Subtle? Not so much.

Update: Republicans were not amused by the implications of the e-mail.

Kevin Smith, spokesman for Minority Leader John Boehner, e-mailed a comment that seems sure to get under Democrats’ skins: “When will Democrats learn that invoking the Nazis’ crimes against humanity in a political debate is simply inappropriate?”

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/dc/2010/06/biden-claims-a-gop-blitzkrieg.html

Just another "do as I say, not as I do" politician.

2. Bite Me.

I hope that becomes his official nickname. Probably was his secret service code name until it was exposed.

Bite Me. What an ass.

Daily News? Let's see if Mort Zuckerman (and friends) come out and criticize him for his stupid Nazi remark. Or will they still be play nice to these clowns.

3. And where would the exaggeration be? In the blitzkrieg part, which essentially means an organized and swift offensive? Does the GOP not fall in step and utter the same sound bites across all media with little or no exception?

Would it be in the swift-boat-style attack ads, which are a matter of historical fact as it relates to the GOP? Would it be the thinly-veiled attempts at character assassination or teabagger disruptions, which are also a staple of the Right?

I just don't see what the outrage is about? Does reality offend you so?

Aren't you glad that he didn't mention the GOP's Taliban tactics:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/02/05/gop-rep-we-need-might-an_n_164227.html

4. And what about the time Michele Bachmann used the same word in her speech? Ofcourse Boehner will conveniently ignore the fact.

5. This country has problems far greater than the use of the word "blitzkrieg" in an email by the lacking vice president.

6. Nope sorry it does not essentially mean anything it does however mean "lightning war" and is closely associated with the Nazi regime.

So some might call it a not too subtle way of allowing second in chief POS to call all republicans Nazi's.

Hey myself I'm not so squeamish but somebody has to keep you liberals straight.