Bitcoin will make history as the biggest bubble/pyramid in the history of mankind.

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by prc117f, Feb 2, 2018.

1. prc117f

prc117f

How is it a good medium of payment? Imagine if the dealer sold you a car for bitcoin at the peak (you bought a 40K car) and paid him 2 bitcoins. now he sold you a 40K card for 16K as of today. That would sound like hyperinflation because that bitcoin in his pocket is worth a fraction of what it was worth a few weeks ago.

No one is going to have confidence in a currency that has massive valuation swings. This is why the USD can be used to conduct any transactions you want.

I still find it curious that all the bitcoin atms spotted around my neighborhood are one way ATMS. USD to bitcoin not the other-way around.

#31     Feb 4, 2018
    schweiz likes this.
  2. lovethetrade

lovethetrade Guest

Please do everyone a favour a do your research before spreading misinformation about a sector you have no idea about.

Bitpay and other payment processors like Litepay convert the payment immediately into fiat currency. When businesses accept Bitcoins at a given price at a given time, they will be paid that final value - they do not have to be concerned about any price changes.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2018
    #32     Feb 4, 2018
    vanzandt likes this.
  3. prc117f

prc117f

No its idiotic if you have 10 million dollars sitting in some investment that cost you zero but could net you zero and you dont want to actually cash it in and actually have usable money. pay your parents mortgage off? buy your own place etc.. It makes no sense to be sitting on paper assets that could quickly go to zero and not cash in, instead you still live in the basement broke as if you had zero assets.

You do sound upset, I suspect one of the basement dwellers who cant liquidate that pretend million dollar profit.

I never understood the mentality of the bitcoin people.

#33     Feb 4, 2018
  4. I understood this garbage was lit up all year. Fine, I get it.

But 450 billion in mkt cap has now evaporated in less than a month .

Many morons have lost their nuts. at least on paper

I win.

Yes , I declare victory, unless you can prove you bought low and sold high. HODLING and adding doesnt count

#34     Feb 4, 2018
  5. hear credit card co's are BANNING their usage to buy the garbage. They don't want to be stuck with you deadbeats not paying off your cards cause you bought shitcoin.

#35     Feb 4, 2018
  6. vanzandt

vanzandt

Link?

#36     Feb 4, 2018
  7. d08

d08

This is in no way about the cryptos then. There are so many people living way below their means. Don't go to places like Germany, you'd lose it over guys driving old Volvos but having $20 million in the bank. They obviously see the cryptos going higher, that's why they don't spend it. There are quite a few people sitting on assets that could "quickly go to zero", in fact many small businesses would fall into this category.
    And as I stated, they don't see acquiring a house/apartment important, it's simply not a priority. Yet, you're going on about it as if it is.
    You're reading comprehension leaves to be desired as I already stated I'm not a basement dweller nor have I ever invested in cryptos.

#37     Feb 4, 2018
    johnarb likes this.
  8. userque

userque

Banks ban credit purchase of cryptocurrency due to risks

https://www.engadget.com/2018/02/03/banks-ban-credit-crypto-purchases/

"If you use your Bank of America-, JP Morgan Chase- or Citigroup-issued credit card to buy cryptocurrency, then you'll have to find an alternative ASAP. According to Bloomberg, the banks have banned crypto purchase using their cards due to the virtual coins' volatile nature. BofA has already started declining credit transactions with known exchanges, though its debit cards aren't be affected by the ban. Citigroup also announced on Friday that it'll no longer process crypto purchases, while JP Morgan Chase's new rule will take effect today.

..."

#38     Feb 5, 2018
    vanzandt likes this.
  9. truetype

truetype

Amid your hundreds of posts, did *you* ever "prove" you were in fact short CME or CFE futures? Possibly you "forgot"...

#39     Feb 5, 2018
  10. schweiz

schweiz

Why should he be short? What is the logic behind it? Your statement sounds stupid.

If he thinks bitcoins are too dangerous to trade, it is logical that he did not go short. Too dangerous means don't trade it at all.
    Maybe he as better trading opportunities.

#40     Feb 5, 2018