Bitcoin Trader Made Millions Trading on Margin — And Then Lost It All

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by Chuck Krug, Jan 24, 2018.

1. NeoTrader

NeoTrader

Ah... The benefit of hindsight... What a beautiful thing.:rolleyes:
    :D

#11     Jan 24, 2018
  2. yes, that's true.
    I sometimes get jealous of those ballsy guys, but then I remember that I like to sleep at night.

#12     Jan 24, 2018
  3. comagnum

comagnum

Sounds like the losses were in 2018, if this story is true & accurate and this is a U.S. citizen they will have a massive capital gains tax to deal with on the gains made in 2017, this could be into the 7 digits.

Making a lot of $ in trading is one thing, keeping it is the hard part.

Bubbles reverse all of the wealth they created and than some, to all but the rare few that cash out.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
    #13     Jan 24, 2018
  4. Cuddles

Cuddles

Nightmare scenario.... Although he should be able to carry forward his losses

#14     Jan 24, 2018
  5. Hmm, I don't know!
    A good trader needs to have be his own internal risk department!

#15     Jan 24, 2018
  6. either an imbecile, or a troll.

#16     Jan 24, 2018
  7. Maybe I'm just too naive, but there is no way I'm making over a million dollars and then losing it all. Common sense, would say put $500k in savings, use the other $500k to make another million.

#17     Jan 27, 2018
  8. sometimes, at random, lets face it, there are 1000's of nuts out there, some dick makes a lot of money by accident.

they never keep it.

#18     Jan 27, 2018

9. Really? There's some easy to verify stories about BTC traders turning small amounts into millions. I mean, 10mn % returns make that sort of thing happen a lot.

#19     Jan 28, 2018
    johnarb likes this.
  10. Gramp

Gramp

I think this situation happened with the person because he wasn't a professional trader. This one-day luck doesn't prove anything but the fact that he has lost everything shows his skill.

#20     Feb 7, 2018