Bitcoin Price?

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by Thon1960, May 1, 2024.

1. SunTrader

SunTrader

I don't agree with you and find the shoe is on the other foot so to speak.

BTC is over 15 years old and $50-60,000. Isn't it time already to give it a break?

Even if it a ponzi.

#11     May 2, 2024
    johnarb likes this.

2. Making fun of crypto boys is entertaining. That is the whole point of this subfourm.

#12     May 2, 2024
  3. my brother in Christ, you were just making fun of yourself for having no exposure. You are not dunking on people for having invested in one of the highest performing assets over the last decade lol

but yeah, this 50% year to date return is really hard to stomach lol

#13     May 2, 2024
  4. Who said that I don't have shitcoins?

#14     May 2, 2024

5. And also it goes without saying, if this goes up for another 20 years, you certainly were wrong. The market is the arbiter of truth, not your pet theories.

#15     May 2, 2024
    semperfrosty likes this.
  6. do you?

#16     May 2, 2024
  7. I do, I have a brother that is a crypto boy and he keeps paying me things in shitcoins, just to tease me.
    It is all part of the fun.

#17     May 2, 2024
    themickey likes this.
  8. NoahA

NoahA

I leave it up to the government to do the de-linking. Either it's a deflationary collapse or inflationary runaway for fiat. Economy is only surviving on a trillion of printed dollars every few months. The end game for fiat is near. They have to either crash the economy or the dollar, but regardless of their choice, bitcoin will infect more and more people. I bet it even happens this year given how bad the economic numbers are getting and the fact that the election will create chaos.

#18     May 2, 2024
    semperfrosty, johnarb and themickey like this.
  9. schizo

schizo

No different from all the reasons and excuses you normally find at CNBC, but still worth noting. :)

[​IMG] cnbc.com
    JPMorgan is cautious on crypto as retail investors dump following ETF hype
    May. 2nd, 2024

Retail dollars flowed out of bitcoin ETFs in April, and JPMorgan encourages investors to adopt a cautious stance on the cryptocurrency for now. The firm previously predicted the widely anticipated Bitcoin halving had been priced in ahead of the April 19 event and that there would be some downside pressure in the weeks after it was complete.

The analysts cited overbought conditions, high price versus gold, and low activity in venture capital funding. It’s fallen 6% since, according to Coin Metrics. “The past two weeks saw significant selling/profit taking with perhaps retail investors playing a bigger role than institutional investors,” JPMorgan’s Nikolaos Panigirtzoglou said in a note Thursday. “Indeed, not only have spot bitcoin ETFs seen outflows in April but our proxies of the retail impulse into equities have also downshifted over the past month.”

“With a lack of positive catalysts, with the retail impulse dissipating and with the three headwinds mentioned previously … still in place, we maintain a cautious stance on crypto markets over the near term,” Panigirtzoglou said.

Technical analysts also said bitcoin could slide to about $50,000 after the cryptocurrency fell below the key $60,000 support level on Wednesday, but added that the long-term uptrend remains intact. Investors and analysts often point out that price action around the halving tends to be unremarkable — a headline event, but not something that affects the price of bitcoin in the near term.

In the two weeks leading up to the conclusion of the Federal Reserve’s Wednesday meeting, cryptocurrencies had also been pressured by macro uncertainties around inflation. The central bank ultimately kept rates unchanged. Panigirtzoglou noted that in addition to crypto, retail investors also sold equities in April and that the impulse into stocks has also shifted down. “This is shown by … the net flow into equity funds including ETFs and mutual funds, typically used by retail investors … [which] turned negative in April after strong buying in February and March,” he said.

#19     May 2, 2024
  10. johnarb

johnarb

MrMsc Senior Software Engineer, it is not possible to pay you with crypto assets to make fun of you

Can you tell us MrSc Senior Software Engineer what software wallet you use for your shitcoins?

We will do a step-by-step education as clearly you need more to add to your Ms C credentials if you wish to tell a fib on a public forum

Last edited: May 2, 2024
    #20     May 2, 2024