Bitcoin Price Thread

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by Magna, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Visaria

Visaria

I had to look this up. Apparently it means "hold". o_O

#51     Nov 27, 2017
    johnarb likes this.
  2. SunTrader

SunTrader

They just can't help themselves pointing out the same pluses and minuses, for the most part, every other major currency has - yet believe are unique to Bitcoin.

#52     Nov 27, 2017
  3. Visaria

Visaria

yeah, but just to clarify, i don't think bitcoin is a currency.

i dont know wtf it is.

#53     Nov 27, 2017
  4. Uh, I'd say 95% of it

#54     Nov 27, 2017
  5. Cuddles

Cuddles

I'm starting to view other coins as shares moreso than currency. Take coindesk for instance, they offer a service and take a fee in turn. When they launch their ICO, you become an unregulated part owner of the company without having to go through the SEC.

One may argue that fake money is hardly an assurance of wealth, but if it's your means of capital funding, it behooves the company to do everything possible to keep the value of their coin high. Now, the added advantage is the fungibility of trading these share-like instruments from different start ups without cashing out and taking a capital gains hit.

I see the ability to use as currency almost secondary now, but it's an added plus.

I suppose Bitcoin is a different animal as no company launched it and it's just a store of wealth. A curiosity that people want to posses much like shiny jewelry. It's all about perception, and until that changes, I don't see Bitcoin coming down.

#55     Nov 27, 2017
    Visaria likes this.
  6. S2007S

S2007S

Do they know what they are buying? Maybe the geeks and nerds who understand the platform and how the technology works which is probably less than 1% of Bitcoin owners....all the others see is price action and media hype behind each thousand dollar jump in Bitcoin...could it go higher? Sure it can...with bubbles anything and everything is possible but when the drop comes it's going to be significant.....

#56     Nov 27, 2017
  7. S2007S

S2007S

Let's say you did buy in Bitcoin earlier this year and some how gained 700-900% of your initial investment how much more greedy can you be to expect more Ludacris returns? All huge bubbles come to an end....it's up 50% alone in November and $1000 in the last week how much more do you want out of something that is all speculation....50% in ONE single month.... do you have any idea how long it takes to achieve a 50% return in the s&p and most bitcoiners got that in one month and want more...

#57     Nov 27, 2017
  8. S2007S

S2007S

Funny how gold at $1800+ some years back was considering outrageous, overvalued and taking everyone by surprise, but some fairytale magical coin at close to $10000 is receiving praise and honor with people jumping buying it up with not an ounce of clue of what it is that they are buying.

#58     Nov 27, 2017
  9. johnarb

johnarb

I think the price of $10,000 for each bitcoin is good, but it would be even better when it goes to $50,000 price for each bitcoin and in a reasonable time, say by the end of the year 2018...

[​IMG]

#59     Nov 27, 2017
  10. SunTrader

SunTrader

Well since FX trading is $5+ trillion (with a "T") daily that means you believe $100 trillion corporate daily trade flow happens, huh?

And approx $265 TRILLION yearly. Bada bing.

#60     Nov 27, 2017