Bitcoin Price Thread

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by Magna, Nov 26, 2017.

1. noddyboy

noddyboy

Stop being so frustrated over nothing....it is the holidays...being short is insanity...so the only logical trade is NOTHING or LONG. Pick your poison. That is the truth.

#471     Dec 8, 2017
  2. maxinger

maxinger

Yes. it could be very frustrating.
    it means we can't trade BTC through IB.
    not sure about other brokers.

Look at it this way.
    If market is extremely volatile, it is extremely difficult to earn money actually.
    There will be many very long candles, movement will be very spiky / jerky.

I wouldn't trade BTC for the next few weeks no matter how tempting it is.
    There are other financial instruments which are easier to trade and easier to earn money.

#472     Dec 8, 2017
  3. truetype

truetype

As mentioned on another thread, CBOE sources say TradeStation, Advantage, RJO are offering the product to retail investors.

#473     Dec 8, 2017
  4. As I said in an earlier post he has it backwards. The wallet holders do get the fork and those on the exchanges are at the mercy of the exchange as to whether they get the fork or not.

#474     Dec 8, 2017
    johnarb likes this.
  5. Quick story-
    My girl is at her friends kids birthday party.
    She called me and said “do you know what crypto currency is”? (I LOL)
    She said that’s all everyone is talking about and all the kids put their savings into BTC using an App on their phones.

Kids on cell phones buying unregulated fantasy currency.
    I just don’t see how this ends well.
    No way are world governments going to let this go on.

#475     Dec 8, 2017
  6. Overnight

Overnight

Now that you have been exposed and have seen the poison, it is time to start asking yourself some very important questions. But only you can know what those questions are.

:) Saddle up friend, it gets bumpy from here.

#476     Dec 8, 2017
  7. Humpy

Humpy

The day may come soon for the Fed or even Trump to start with words like ban, stop, regulate, tax etc. that will cause a slump in the price. But ok for shorting on the bell curve.

#477     Dec 9, 2017
  8. Nighthawk

Nighthawk

Here is another story:

once a professional soccer player, the brother of my wife told me yesterday he became a millionaire on paper investing into an ICO called Populous. He got that stuff for 0.30 USD and now the stuff is trading at an "amazing" 30.14 USD.

Do the math yourself!

Now, he got my wife investing into this crap, too. And here it is where it "becomes" personal! My wife´s investment is up a sloppy 70% within 5 days of "commitment".

I tried to explain the brother of my wife the basic concept of "liquidity", but he didn´t even listen. I saw greed in his eyes and his hands were sweating. He babbled something about the end of the problems of this world: end of poverty, end of starvation in the 3rd World...bla, bla, bla...

Actually, I ordered my wife TGTFO (to get the f... out) of this "investment".

If you read the White Paper from these guys - Jesus, hilarious WHAT business prospect these guys want to sell "investors". Only dreeamers can believe such crap!

Here is the website: https://populous.co/

#478     Dec 9, 2017
    Surprise likes this.
  9. Nighthawk

Nighthawk

Just as a reminder for all "dreamers" out there:

The Internal Revenue Service (I.R.S) describes Virtual Currencies (VC)s as “a digital representation of value that functions as a medium of exchange, a unit of account, and/or a store of value [and] does not have legal tender status in any jurisdiction.” Although, electronic payment systems have been part of American life since at least 1871 when Western Union “introduced money transfer” through the telegraph and in 1914 “introduced the first consumer charge-card," virtual currencies differ from these digital payment structures because unlike traditional digital transfers of value, virtual currencies do not represent a claim on value; rather the virtual currency are the value.

The National Automated Clearing House Association (NACHA), through the Automated Clearing House (ACH) “moves almost $39 trillion and 22 billion electronic financial transactions each year. These electronic transfers of money through the ACH Network represent a claim to physical legal tender. Alternatively, “unlike electronic money, a VC, particularly in its decentralised variant, does not represent a claim on the issuer.”

Good luck to all "investors"! You will need it!

Nighthawk
    Fiat money multi-millionaire

#479     Dec 9, 2017
    Clubber Lang and Surprise like this.
  10. Hoi

Hoi

Pfff.. if that makes you the all knowing beholder.

#480     Dec 9, 2017
    Visaria likes this.