Bitcoin Price Thread

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by Magna, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Actually it is the exact opposite of what you say. Those who have coins in the private wallets get the forks and those on the exchanges are not guaranteed to get the fork.

#441     Dec 7, 2017
    johnarb likes this.
  2. johnarb

johnarb

It's ok, we'll agree to disagree, but you didn't ask me how I know you did not perform any meaningful research, because your arguments are superficial and not at all technical in nature. Good luck with your trades.

#442     Dec 7, 2017
  3. I have no dog in the fight here.
    Just one question-
    What if the G7 plus Russia and China announce tomorrow that trading or buying goods with BTC/crypto is a felony?
    I know it sounds impossible, but countries and governments will do anything to defend their currency.
    I think that could happen when they develop their own cryptos

#443     Dec 7, 2017
    John9999 likes this.
  4. johnarb

johnarb

I don't know about the other hodlers, but this is the thing that scares me the most.

There are more and more signs that bitcoin will not be banned like the internet poker sites, but still there are no guarantees. I do welcome the bitcoin futures and hope it's very successful so the lawmakers don't get any hostile ideas.

#444     Dec 7, 2017
    Gotcha likes this.
  5. You make some good points, and some I disagree with, but I do thank you for a very thought out and intelligent response. This is what should happen here on ET --- a discussion on all aspects of the situation.

#445     Dec 7, 2017
    Hoi, Gotcha and johnarb like this.
  6. johnarb

johnarb

The regulations are a big concern as I put on the previous post. Japan has already put in their legal system that bitcoin is valid currency. China doesn't have the same effect. I doubt Russia will either. G7 or the US, yea, that would be bad.

As far nation cryptos, forget about it. It won't work. Why? Because no one's going to use it. Oh, but it's legit approved by the country? Yea, it's the same as their current money, there's no point to having a crypto issued by the same country. Tbh, I'm waiting for the first one to be issued to see if I'm right.

#446     Dec 7, 2017
    Clubber Lang likes this.
  7. Thanks John
    Good luck. HODL! LOL

#447     Dec 7, 2017
    johnarb likes this.
  8. #448     Dec 7, 2017
  9. johnarb

johnarb

There's a discussion on Reddit about this. Definition of a financial institution being applied to individuals seems far-fetched and there's division in the reddit comments with some suggesting it's for businesses. I'm on a wait and see mode...

#449     Dec 7, 2017
  10. algofy

algofy

#450     Dec 8, 2017