Bitcoin Price Thread

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by Magna, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Jakobsberg

Jakobsberg

S2007S - Not often I put people on ignore but congrats after so much nonsense you one of the few!

#281     Dec 4, 2017
    Hoi likes this.
  2. ventop

ventop

How could you be so sure?

#282     Dec 4, 2017
  3. Visaria

Visaria

Actually if you buy at $11000 and it goes to a million, you only collect a 'free' $989,000.....

#283     Dec 4, 2017
    johnarb likes this.
  4. ventop

ventop

fantastic scenario

#284     Dec 4, 2017
  5. schweiz

schweiz

or phantasm scenario. sounds almost the same but a world of difference in $$$$.
    :confused:

#285     Dec 4, 2017
  6. schweiz

schweiz

There are three weak points in holding bitcoins versus trading:
    • compounding
    • frequency
    • leverage
    But I am afraid the majority doesn't even understand what I am posting.
    You can beat the bitcoin's performance while having less risk and less drawdowns.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    #286     Dec 4, 2017
  7. Why would you suggest that the majority of ET can't understand your thinking here? It is same as holding SPX for the long term vs trading ES. IF you are a good trader then go for it.

#287     Dec 4, 2017
  8. schweiz

schweiz

I posted already in past that I have better risk reward options (don't confuse with options trading, option is used in the meaning of alternative) then buying bitcoins. But each person should decide what he wants to do as he will take the reward or the damage, depending on the final outcome.

But I repeat: a lot of people have no idea how to calculate potential profits and their risk rewards.

PS:it is clearly NOT "holding SPX for the long term vs trading ES". And I forgot 1 extra weak point: leverage.
    I also have a huge problem with comparing" holding SPX for the long term" with "holding bitcoin for the long term". Watch behavior of both, there is a huge difference between the two.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    #288     Dec 4, 2017
  9. I agree completely. I was just using that as a comparative example.

#289     Dec 4, 2017
    schweiz likes this.
  10. "...CME and CBOE are competing to dominate the market for bitcoin derivatives by offering different products. They also have different systems for pricing their products. CME is relying on a daily reference rate based on data from a aful of constituent exchanges. The rate is set daily at 4 pm ET London Time..."

So... does mean it's going to be like mutual funds with their "end of day" pricing... and no intraday trading??

#290     Dec 4, 2017