Bitcoin Price Thread

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by Magna, Nov 26, 2017.

1. nitrene

nitrene

It seems like BTC has done better than gold as a hedge to the central planners. I bought some GBTC back in November 2017 and recently some of the Ethereum, Litecoin & BCH products from Grayscale.

They seem to all move in tandem but do you know what dictates their use case scenario?

#2681     Nov 23, 2020
    johnarb likes this.
  2. johnarb

johnarb

Courtesy of Blockfolio on twitter:

[​IMG]

#2682     Nov 23, 2020
  3. johnarb

johnarb

Very nice, Bitcoin btc $19K [​IMG]

upload_2020-11-24_8-14-20.png

#2683     Nov 24, 2020
    vanzandt and They like this.
  4. They

They

$20K Thanksgiving so everyone can talk about it over dinner?

#2684     Nov 24, 2020
    johnarb likes this.
  5. johnarb

johnarb

Yea, that would be a good thing, we got a couple of days [​IMG][​IMG] Some of my friends are already talking to me about bitcoin, but they're not buying, just surprised it's gone up so much [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

#2685     Nov 24, 2020
  6. Trader Curt

Trader Curt

I bet you anything we are going to have a pullback at 20k

#2686     Nov 24, 2020
    johnarb likes this.
  7. Sprout

Sprout

Maybe, it’s what a majority are thinking. A whale swinging large converting those tight short stops into market orders could give another leg up.

#2687     Nov 24, 2020
    johnarb likes this.
  8. Trader Curt

Trader Curt

Yes, or a big whale could sell past 20k making us plummet down to last support. It's exciting and scary. I'm out of a position right now waiting to see what happens. If we blast past 20k and stay above then I will probably buy back in

#2688     Nov 24, 2020
  9. johnarb

johnarb

What I'm getting from Twitter is that the price move has been driven by unrelenting buying from GBTC, Square and PayPal (SQ and Ppal both account for more than 100% of daily mined coins purchase equivalence).

That suggests to me that it's less price-sensitive vs 2017 fomo moves, when some people got sucked into the mania blowoff top and were buying whole coins after borrowing from their mortgages. The current retail buying are fractional btc's i.e. 100 shares of GBTC or $1000 worth of btc on paypal/square, etc with the backdrop of some wall street investors making sizable buys persuaded by Paul Tudor Jones and Stanley Druckenmiller commentaries as well as JPM and Fidelity.

That narrative matches what we've seen so far on the bitcoin price action, hardly any dip, staircase upwards move, now above $19K, but again, I have no charting skill which helps me during these times, I have no more anxieties now at this price level than a few months ago when btc was much lower.

This has been an orderly bull market, I see $20K as a nothing burger (imho) btc will pass through it.

#2689     Nov 24, 2020
    Cuddles and Trader Curt like this.
  10. Trader Curt

Trader Curt

True, but 20k is going to be major resistance. It's probably the biggest resistance point Bitcoin has ever faced, and the fact that we haven't came close to touching 20k in 3 years means that's it's going to be a major resistance level. Just one thing to keep in mind.

You could also be right and we could blast past it, but I think there will be some kind of resistance before we break though it.

#2690     Nov 24, 2020
    johnarb likes this.