Bitcoin Price Thread

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by Magna, Nov 26, 2017.

1. RRY16

RRY16

Have they opened a Palm Beach Cryptocurrency Association yet?

#241     Dec 1, 2017
    vanzandt and algofy like this.
  2. schweiz

schweiz

There’s an old saying that goes, “Predicting the future is easy … getting it right is the hard part.”

1. “There’s no chance that the iPhone is going to get any significant market share.” -Steve Ballmer, Microsoft CEO (April 2007)
    2. “There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home.” -Ken Olson, president Digital Equipment Corp (1977)
    3. “Within the next two decades autos will be made with folding wings.” -Eddie Rickenbacker, pilot (1924)
    4. “In five years I don't think there'll be a reason to have a tablet anymore.” -Thorsten Heins, BlackBerry CEO (2013)
    5. “The subscription model of buying music is bankrupt.” -Steve Jobs (2003)
    Bonus:
    Steve Jobs also called 7-inch tablets “dead on arrival” in 2010. Oops.
    6. "Remote shopping, while entirely feasible, will flop.” -Time Magazine (1966)
    7. Windows Phone will be No. 2 in Smartphones by 2015. -IDC, Gartner, IHS
    8. “I predict the Internet in 1996 [will] catastrophically collapse.” -Robert Metcalfe (1995)
    9. “We’re going to become better than No. 1 (in tablets).” -Eric Cador senior VP, Hewlett Packard (2010)
    10. “Cellular phones will absolutely not replace local wire systems.” -Marty Cooper, inventor (1981)
    11. "There's just not that many videos I want to watch." — Steve Chen, CTO and co-founder of YouTube expressing concerns about his company’s long term viability. 2005
    12. "Everyone's always asking me when Apple will come out with a cell phone. My answer is, 'Probably never.'" — David Pogue, The New York Times. 2006
    13. By 1985, air pollution will have reduced the amount of sunlight reaching earth by one half .Life Magazine
    14. “We will not see a crash in our time.” John Maynard Keynes, 1927 two years before the Wall Street Crash that started The Great Depression.
    15. “He does not possess significant leadership qualities.” Officer report on Corporal Hitler, 1918 on reason for not promoting the decorated NCO to officer.
    16. "The horse is here to stay but the automobile is only a novelty—a fad." – -The president of the Michigan Savings Bank advising Henry Ford's lawyer not to invest in the Ford Motor Co., 1903
    17. "There is not the slightest indication that nuclear energy will ever be obtainable. It would mean that the atom would have to be shattered at will." – Albert Einstein, 1932
    18. "There will never be a bigger plane built." – – A Boeing engineer, after the first flight of the 247, a twin engine plane that holds ten people, 1933
    19. "I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." – Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943

20. ALTUCHER?????

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
    #242     Dec 1, 2017
    Illini Trader and VPhantom like this.
  3. johnarb

johnarb

Bitcoin price is back to over $11,000 each. Yay.

#243     Dec 1, 2017
  4. Cuddles

Cuddles

Thank you based Mueller

#244     Dec 1, 2017
  5. carrer

carrer

Just a question. Does the bitcoin futures market trades 24/7 as the current bitcoin exchanges?
    If it is not, then I foresee huge gaps, weekends gaps especially.

#245     Dec 2, 2017
  6. maxinger

maxinger

almost 24 hours / day.

it will be like other CME financial instruments which are traded almost 24 hrs / day

#246     Dec 2, 2017
    carrer likes this.
  7. SunTrader

SunTrader

Actually the others each have 60 minutes or so gaps. Appears Bitcoin will trade a true 24 hour period (6pm-5pm EDT) Sun thru Fri with only a reset (1 minute?) at the close of each trading day.

#247     Dec 2, 2017
  8. I think you may be the first person to predict an end to the bitcoin rise.

#248     Dec 2, 2017
    Cuddles likes this.
  9. I know, right?
    Isn't there a traders golden rule - TMIAR - The market is always right?
    And traders will all tell you that - until they talk about the Bitcoin Bubble.
    (Maybe that's why bitcoin is different - :cool:).

#249     Dec 2, 2017

10. Hold on for dear life.

#250     Dec 2, 2017