Bitcoin Price Thread

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by Magna, Nov 26, 2017.

1. johnarb

johnarb

I respect your decision not to invest and we again agree to disagree on this cryptocurrency landscape.

This last move from $8,900/btc to $10,100/btc added over $20B to Bitcoin's marketcap and I just don't see any change in the Tether supply that would affect that (Tether circulating supply has been steady at 4.6B (marketcap 4.6B at $1/Tether) during the whole time and before that.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
    #2481     Feb 9, 2020
  2. johnarb

johnarb

Fraud is everywhere. I own no stocks. To me, the printing of Trillions of $ to prop up the markets for over 10 years via QE has created a very manipulated financial markets that start to go down at any hint of tightening.

Bitcoin / cryptocurrencies has provided life-changing ROI for me. We have an incredible, once in a lifetime opportunity that has created wealth due to information asymmetry that exists with this new decentralized, digital asset. There are risks, but the rewards are enormous.

#2482     Feb 9, 2020
    Sprout and Sekiyo like this.
  3. MrMuppet

MrMuppet

Johnarb, I asume that you are discussing here because you are either bored or on a mission to give something back to the community.
    Just don't. There are some really smart people on this forum who trade coins or derivatives on coins and they just shut up.
    I also tried to point out facts in a couple of threads, but I also decided not to do this anymore, because I have no benefit and serious discussion is not possible anyways.

The reason for the ginormous returns of everyone involved is the information asymmetry you described. So why would you educate these mouth breathers? You just get shit on by the trolls but you give out information to the lurkers.
    This market is a godsend for everyone who is not a registered financial institute. Milk it as long as it's not mainstream and people fail to understand what it is all about.

When the retail horde enters the market with flashy platforms, gauntlets and educational programs, you are sitting on a pile of cash and get paird for transferring your knowledge.
    Educate when it's time to educate. Right now it's time to sit on your butt and rake in the money.

Think about it.

#2483     Feb 11, 2020
    johnarb likes this.
  4. easymon1

easymon1

btcusd 2020 0211 1235.png btcusd 2020 0211 1242.png
    TO

#2484     Feb 11, 2020
  5. johnarb

johnarb

Everything you said is spot on. I actually don't post as much anymore and mentioned the reasons you outlined. I used to post major news on bitcoin adoption, but yea, what I get for posting is just sh*t talking.

Once in a while, I feel the need to respond to things such as this repetitive insinuation that Tether is responsible for the bitcoin price hike, when there's no evidence of it, since the Tether supply is so tiny compared to the marketcap value of the move(s) and there's no change in Tether supply.

The past 6 months have been great for my crypto portfolio and it's not reflected on the bitcoin price moves as it's on a different cryptocurrency. I don't trade, but just long term hold.

What's sad is this is an ET section for exchanging trading and investment ideas for cryptocurrencies and has been setup for many years and huge profits could have been realized by many, but....

#2485     Feb 11, 2020
  6. johnarb

johnarb

I do hear your message. This space is so exciting, many crypto folks like me just want talk and discuss it all the time.

I'll say this, though, I used to bring it up all the time with friends and family and now I can't remember bringing it up in the last 6 months and when one of them brings it up, I just say oh it's up a little bit, or oh it's below 10K hope it goes back up, and that is it, tired of discussing the details and the inner workings and all of that.

#2486     Feb 11, 2020
    MrMuppet likes this.
  7. MrMuppet

MrMuppet

A good trade is like applause that only you can hear.
    It's a lonely business, you just cant expect anyone to understand what you do.

#2487     Feb 12, 2020
    johnarb likes this.
  8. easymon1

easymon1

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
    #2488     Feb 15, 2020
  9. I am not a chartist but it would be nice to not see liquidation above $10k.

I suspect what goes on right now is a kind of crypto syndicate that drives the market cap with one hand and then liquidates illiquid positions with the other hand into the suckers that get pulled in by the move.

If you have a very large crypto position you would be pretty stupid to not coordinate with other large holders to form a syndicate.

#2489     Feb 16, 2020
  10. easymon1

easymon1

TO
    btcusd 2020 0216 1648.png btcusd 2020 0216 1635.png

#2490     Feb 16, 2020