Bitcoin Price Thread

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by Magna, Nov 26, 2017.

1. johnarb

johnarb

It doesn't seem to be going in your direction today, which is why you didn't post :rolleyes:

Don't worry, save your $1K and you'll be able to buy .01 btc when bitcoin hits $100K :D

#2311     Jul 2, 2019
  2. Trading is all about managing risk and probabilities. There isn't an absolute answer if btc will retrace to 9k.

You can buy on a breakout when its surging but then you need to have a wider stop loss (whether hard or mental)

Or you can wait and buy at a pullback and have a tighter stop loss, which will lower your risk but the pullback could be significantly higher price then if you just bought at a breakout.

There are pros and cons to both methods.

#2312     Jul 3, 2019
  3. RedDuke

RedDuke

Remove fake tether and bitfinex, and let's see where the price goes.

#2313     Jul 3, 2019
  4. johnarb

johnarb

It's like saying remove all the QE and let's see where the stock market goes, lol

Live with the situation, stop complaining about something you can't do anything about. Adapt.

#2314     Jul 3, 2019
  5. RedDuke

RedDuke

Wrong analogy. Yes, fed can print, but it is still regulated and it prints real dollars. Tethers are just made up shit that can be used to pump the price of Bitcoin.

No need to adapt as I do not trade it. I trade real markets.

#2315     Jul 3, 2019
  6. johnarb

johnarb

Google USD Tether. It has legitimate functions and it's part of the system. Bitcoin is a global asset and is decentralized. Fed can print all they want and you're ok with that, because "they are regulated", good for you :D

I know you don't trade bitcoin. You just like to talk sh*t about it, and it's all good fun. Don't worry, be happy :D

(edit: "real dollars", lmao. I'll have you know Zimbabwe was printing "real Zimbabwe dollars" as well as Venezuela issuing "real Venezuelan Bolivars")

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
    #2316     Jul 3, 2019
  7. RedDuke

RedDuke

Lol. No arguments can shatter true believer's convictions. I also thought for a while that Bitcoin was a new and great tool/asset, until I learned how it gets pumped. I always have an open mind, and change my opinion once facts are there to contradict it.

#2317     Jul 3, 2019
  8. johnarb

johnarb

touché

Bitcoin is pumped due to very high demand for the asset, otherwise it would have died and continued to go down during the bear market last year. You choose to ignore, ETrade, Ameritrade, Fidelity, NYSE (ICE) and all kinds of news that have been posted as well as the many news on Institutional Investor demand for the bitcoin digital gold asset.

You also choose to ignore adoption news, but I hope you're happy missing out. Like I said, when bitcoin hits $100K, you'll be able to buy .01 btc with your $1000 :banghead:

https://www.fxstreet.com/cryptocurr...tion-volume-second-year-in-a-row-201902270448

#2318     Jul 3, 2019
  9. Just curious as what you call this current "bounce" from just above 3K to the current 12K?

#2319     Jul 4, 2019
  10. And when the 22 Trillion Real Dollar Debt that it has already printed expands exponentially then it is wise to own at least some Bitcoin as protection. Johnarb has done an excellent job of explaining this over the last 12 months but when people hold a belief (or non-belief) closely there is no changing it even thought they verbally express "open mindedness"

It continually amazes me how so many smart ETers do not see the wisdom of packing in a couple BTC and holding them. Forget trading them. Forget the volatility. Just hang and think of it as digital gold but more easily stored, more divisible, and more easily transferable.

The Ponzi people do not even understand what a Ponzi is as BTC is just the opposite. A lot of people chasing a limited supply and please no more of this anyone can start their own cyber currency garbage as that is what they create --- Garbage ---. Bitcoin has world wide acceptance and it will stay that way.

#2320     Jul 4, 2019
    HolyGrailSeeker and johnarb like this.