Bitcoin Price Thread

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by Magna, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Cuddles

Cuddles

Not necessarily, it concerns investment assets as well..... However, fresh off the press:

Both the House and Senate tax bills call for cutting back Section 1031 to cover only real estate. The two tax bills are filled with controversy, but not over this point. In that sense, the debates over 1031 exchanges of cryptocurrency may not be relevant too much longer.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/hous...ryptocurrency-like-kind-exchanges-expert-blog

One more reason to hate this disaster of a bill.

#201     Nov 30, 2017
  2. Cuddles

Cuddles

Or to take on 0% APR for a year offers

#202     Nov 30, 2017
  3. Chris Mac

Chris Mac

Excellent remark ! Thx
    2 decades after, same behaviour, same foolishness :)

CM

#203     Nov 30, 2017
    Zr1Trader and John9999 like this.
  4. lovethetrade

lovethetrade Guest

Yes, its very foolish to trade an asset that keeps appreciating in value. A wise man sits on the sideline with cynicism.

#204     Nov 30, 2017
    John9999 and Jakobsberg like this.
  5. Chris Mac

Chris Mac

Why are you talking about asset?
    Bitcoin is virtual, not an asset.
    No cynicism my friend. How was the Turkey? Good ?

CM

#205     Nov 30, 2017
  6. m22au

m22au

https://www dot reddit dot com/r/Bitcoin/comments/7glrfi/seriously_coinbase_disabled_buys/

https://www dot reddit dot com/r/Bitcoin/comments/7gls43/coinbase_saying_that_bitcoin_purchases_are/

If this is true (Coinbase is disabling buy orders) then does it also follow that Coinbase is disabling all trading? As in, Coinbase operates as a matchmaker for customers who want to buy and sell on the Coinbase exchange?

#206     Nov 30, 2017
  7. S2007S

S2007S

How much are the fees associated with trading on the cryptocurrency exchanges?

I noticed coinbase gets 1.5%, that's extremely steep in my opinion.....
    To trade a single bitcoin cost approx $300 for a round trip at $10000 a Bitcoin

To cover your fees Bitcoin has to move $300 before you start seeing any profit.. fu$k that

#207     Nov 30, 2017
  8. noddyboy

noddyboy

Are you seriously thinking of buying? I have a small amount but I didn't notice the fees.

#208     Nov 30, 2017
  9. S2007S

S2007S

No not buying anything just looking at the fees associated with buying and selling....I never knew that they charged that much to trade these things.. unless coinbase is the only one with these crazy fees....I guess I'm used to paying a few dollars to buy and sell stocks ... anything over $10 bucks is considered steep, that's my opinion since I'm used to paying a few dollars when I trade stocks.. to drop 1.5% on a $10000 buy of bitcoin, haaaa. Yea right.
    Who do you use to trade your coins? How much you pay for each transaction?

#209     Nov 30, 2017
  10. noddyboy

noddyboy

I used coinbase and gemini

#210     Nov 30, 2017