Bitcoin Price Thread

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by Magna, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Millionaire

Millionaire

It is funny seeing people not taking large profits when they could. The greed aspect of trading.
    Reminds me of me during the dot com bubble days.

#1851     Jun 22, 2018
    Cuddles likes this.
  2. Many of these people may have bought in the $7000 range. I still fail to see any humor in another's misfortune.

#1852     Jun 22, 2018
    johnarb and vanzandt like this.
  3. Millionaire

Millionaire

I don't see it as misfortune, its more learning experience/gaining wisdom.

But anyone stupid enough to bet the ranch and go broke and then say commit suicide, well that is different level and not funny.

#1853     Jun 22, 2018
    schweiz likes this.
  4. dozu888

dozu888

is wealth transfer a tragedy or comedy?

#1854     Jun 22, 2018
    Cuddles likes this.
  5. schweiz

schweiz

It has indeed nothing to do with misfortune. It is, or it should be at least, a calculated bet. If you win you laugh with the others, if you lose the others laugh with you. That's what trading is.

#1855     Jun 23, 2018
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

I talked to a farmer. I wanted to know what his policy/strategy was with the access coins? He said his cost was 4K/coin and he only sold coins to cover the cost, the rest was hoarded. To me that was a bad policy, because if BTC ever goes down to 4K, he basically made nothing. Not to mention the huge paper losses from the 20K high.

Maybe other farmers do it differently...They could sell futures to lock in favorable prices, the intended use of futures.

#1856     Jun 23, 2018
  7. If the farmer has long term expectations for BTC then he has a "Free Play". Nothing wrong with that as he does not want to try and pick highs and lows to maximize his holdings.

#1857     Jun 23, 2018
  8. schweiz

schweiz

His long term expectation is to catch the highest high in future. He is maximizing on something that maybe never will happen. He is playing an all-in game. Can be a big hit, but it can be a hit up or a hit down. Maybe a better option is to try and pick highs and lows. Futur will tell.

#1858     Jun 23, 2018
  9. Pekelo

Pekelo

I am sure that is how he feels since 20K...

I also have free play with the lottery.

#1859     Jun 23, 2018
  10. S2007S

S2007S

Anyone still buying the hype!!!!

All the bitcoin bulls thought by now it would be at $50,000 plus!!

Oops

Bitcoin

$5,938.47 -3.24% $101.62 B

#1860     Jun 24, 2018