Bitcoin Price Thread

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by Magna, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

The gods made a curse on me, I can only make good predictions on things that I don't trade.

But more importantly, why didn't you cash out at 11K and bought back at 10.5K? Don't you wanna own 5% more bitcoins?

#1511     Feb 18, 2018
    vanzandt likes this.
  2. johnarb

johnarb

As you know, one trader cannot take another one's advice. I'm not doing so bad, fwiw :D

#1512     Feb 18, 2018
    vanzandt likes this.
  3. johnarb

johnarb

Pekelo, per your concerns about the bitcoin transaction (miner fees) being too high. Maybe you've been keeping updated, or maybe not, but the fees are very low, currently, on bitcoin.

I sent a high-priority ~$500 transaction for 15 US cents (6.2 satoshis per byte). A few days ago, I overrode my wallet-recommended fee and overpaid, 60 cents vs 30 cents, as it was a ~$5000 transfer and really wanted the next block :)

Some are claiming 5-cent fees are getting on the next block. For your information :D

#1513     Feb 19, 2018
  4. maxinger

maxinger

yes. it has high entertainment value.
    Good for laughing when we are feeling miserable.

such experts reminded me of my trading mindset decades ago.
    I used to think like this decades ago.

#1514     Feb 19, 2018
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

Off topic, but the next block (10 mins) tx fee is $3.32. I guess that is low for a $500 transfer, but if you are buying a $6 latte at Starbucks that is an extra 50% for the "convenience" of using bitcoin.

https://bitcoinfees.info

But I am happy that after 9 years they finally figured it out how to keep it low... :)

#1515     Feb 19, 2018
  6. johnarb

johnarb

Another off-topic, since this thread has been dead. All the screaming excitement when bitcoin was going down has disappeared. I wonder why :rolleyes:

So, Pekelo, the thing about decentralized bitcoin (cryptos) is that you do not have to take my word or bitcoinfees.info (which could be having issues with their website or algo software). All you gotta do, is fire up your electrum wallet or bitcoin core wallet and try to send a $6 transaction.

Electrum is showing 3023 satoshis (33 cents) to be included on the very next block. Bitcoin core is even lower.

I would have to override the wallet to pay more, however, when you examine that the bitcoin mempool is showing 3000 transactions waiting and many are probably zero-fees, 15 cents all the way down to 5 cents would most likely get you on the next block.

#1516     Feb 19, 2018
  7. maxinger

maxinger

There was no signal to short bitcoin.
    Seems like there will not be signal to short during the next few hrs/days.

Since its day range and volume has been rather pathetic, I'll archive my XBT bitcoin chart.
    There are other much better things to trade.

#1517     Feb 19, 2018
  8. johnarb

johnarb

Is your system only for shorting? Bitcoin is very close to a double in less than 2 weeks. Pekelo's system at least signaled a bottom around 6000.

#1518     Feb 19, 2018
  9. maxinger

maxinger

both long and short.
    I don't like trading bitcoin due to is relatively small day range and volume.
    there are other better futures to trade.
    for those who profit from long bitcoin, then good for them.

#1519     Feb 19, 2018
  10. Cuddles

Cuddles

Upcoming bitcoin private fork.... Though better to hold zcl in that case

#1520     Feb 20, 2018