Bitcoin Price Thread

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by Magna, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Jakobsberg

Jakobsberg

Maybe with people buying bitcoin if they believe there won' be more than 21 M issued....

#101     Nov 28, 2017
  2. truetype

truetype

Bitcoin Fund Short Interest at 2.48% Suggests No Crypto Top Yet

(Bloomberg) -- Bitcoin's eye-watering advance this year may not be near its end, if short interest in an ETF-like fund invested in the cryptocurrency is a guide.

Only 2.5% of the shares in the Bitcoin Investment Trust are shorted, according to data from S3 Partners. And while it costs 7.6% a day to borrow shares for shorting, that's well below 55% in early June.

#102     Nov 28, 2017
  3. S2007S

S2007S

I find it interesting that there can only be 21 million mined in the next decades to come, however what if they were to increase supply.....uhhh ohhhh....and not many people know this, but there are millions of magical coins that have disappeared ...just like that gone foreverrrrrrrrrr

#103     Nov 28, 2017
  4. S2007S

S2007S

How does the average investor short Bitcoin...I have read up on it and the complexity of trying to short it makes it impossible.....one etf I know that's extremely dangerous I tried to short but couldn't do so....was only trying to short a tiny bit but the trade would not go through

#104     Nov 28, 2017
  5. Jakobsberg

Jakobsberg

Lost coins (or rather lost keys) reduces the total in circulation. So as long as you do not lose your own that is beneficial to you.

Who is "they" to decide to increase supply. Its inbuilt to the system.

Was easy for me to buy a few bitcoin on the nordic OMX market a couple of months ago. Just guessed it was going to zero or much higher as it becomes easier for more people to buy via normal brokers, etfs, futures etc in rest of world.

#105     Nov 28, 2017
  6. Jakobsberg

Jakobsberg

7. I just bought name brand soup for 35c a can

Food prices?

#107     Nov 28, 2017
  8. SunTrader

SunTrader

You just suffer.

#108     Nov 28, 2017
  9. SunTrader

SunTrader

“The internet is going to be one of the major forces for reducing the role of government. The one thing that’s missing, but that will soon be developed, is a reliable e-cash: a method whereby on the internet you can transfer funds from A to B without A knowing B or B knowing A -- the way in which I can take a $20 bill and hand it over to you, and there's no record of where it came from.”

– 06/21/99
    Milton Friedman

#109     Nov 28, 2017
  10. SunTrader

SunTrader

LOL one bitcoin could buy you 28,571 of them currently.

#110     Nov 28, 2017