Bitcoin pounded again

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by Clubber Lang, Feb 21, 2014.

1. $570.

You BTC guys still holding? No stops?

2. just21

just21

Bitstamp chart looks like an inverse head and shoulders pattern on the daily.

3. yes long with no stops. total risk assuming it goes to 0 is 2% woopti doo if I lose it, upside potential is still multiples of the risk... I still don't get whats wrong with making a spec bet on BTC . This is a trading site after all.

If anyone thinks we are all loaded long expecting that a stop will work then you obviously know nothing about the btc market . That would be like using a stop in a illiquid market. It would blow through your stop like non other.

In fact , how about you exploit idiots using stops and profit? Hint: btc-e allows margin and stops, great fills all the way down to 125 were to be had in a stop run then immediately rebounded to 600. ie flash crash

I'll say it again, "while the pessimist said glass half empty, the Opportunist took the glass and drank the water"

4. just21

just21

Btc-e do not accept wires from american banks. Could try www.bitfinex.com in Hong Kong.

5. Peil just remortgaged his home, maxed his credit cards, doubled down and went all in.

6. There are ways around this , buy BTC at coinbase, transfer them to btce and then cash in a portion right a way for USD to hold at BTC-E and put some limits where ever. bitinflex might be easier. Haven't looked at that one in depth yet.

Do know that any funds or coins held at an exchange could be gone if the site gets taken down or Corzined.

It's a very free market so thieves are definitely around as with anything else. There is no denying that.

7. Pekelo

Pekelo

1. There is no way to calculate that risk.
    2. If you bought at $600 it doesn't have to go to zero, if it goes below $50 and stays there you still pretty much wiped out.
    3. It is alright to short in short term and still be bullish in the long term. That makes you a trader, rather than a naive believer....

8. I probably should! :p

9. I really don't see losing 2% of my total net worth as being "wiped out" but thanks for your concern.

Ever traded silver when they hike margins? Same reason you don't load the boat and hope your stop doesn't get slipped in an illiquid market, doesn't matter if your talking up or down.

If you believe that printing money globally ends well then don't be a naive metals holder either.

I trade every day, does that mean I can't hold stuff as a multiyear "trade".. I'm thinking 20 years out. Currency hedge. I'd argue that people who hold dollars long term are naive.

Natty gas the other night went up 400pts in a jiffy probably causing major slippage for guys who shorted with stops, shorting something illiquid like that (overnight) with stops sounds like a great idea! BTC is an illiquid market, dumb to short or go long with stops in that case but be my guest.

By talking nonsense you've really shown everyone how little market knowledge you have.

Haters gunna hate.

10. I bot a bunch overnight at 530-560.

#10     Feb 21, 2014