Bitcoin markup price when trading BTC for ALTCOINS and then selling the ALTCOIN.

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by protrader345, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Hello All J

I am going to be selling some ALT Coins to some contacts that I have.

I just want to know a smart way of calculating the mark up price for the ALT Coin which I am selling..

I will be buying 2 BTC and then transferring that to an exchange like Kraken and then I will be trading BTC for the alt coins which my contacts who would like to purchase.

Due to the high fluctuation of bitcoin when I trade it against an alt coin I do not know what markup price to use?

Or is it smarter to use USD to buy ALT coins rather than BTC? As the USD does not fluctuate that much?

For an example

If a contact of mine wants to buy 1 Ethereum for 310 – I will buy 1 ETH from an exchange using BTC.

Ofcourse BTC fluctuates and I do not want to buy and sell at a loss so whats a fair bitcoin markup price that I should charge when I sell my ETH to my contact?

Cheers J

2. Cuddles

Cuddles

buy us tether dollars

3. algofy

algofy

I don't understand any of this...#missedtheboat

4. how does tether work?

could someone please elaborate a brother who is trying to make it in the crypto game?

5. doggyfx

doggyfx

Its is backed by tether company and has low risk-reward unlike bitcoin which is decentralized and has different interest as an asset (no control from government)

6. i see

so basically 1 usdt = 1 usd

so when you transfer your us dollars into tether

it is with them and for the equelant amount of USD you have ? You would get the exact same amount of USDT ?