Bitcoin Is Better Than Gold For One Simple Reason

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by johnarb, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

This could be CHANGED with convencion. Also a fork can work exactly as the cloned crypto, so saying it is limited is just pure lie.

Also it doesn't matter if it has a limit outside of our life times, if currently it is INFLATIONARY. Get your facts right, fanboy.

#31     Nov 8, 2019
  2. ElCubano

ElCubano

The power never comes back?

Under extreme sitautions when the power grid is destroyed and the food we are so used to buying at Publix etc goes rotten within days neither gold nor bitcoin will come in handy. Bullets, guns, antibiotics, seeds, a well planned exit to a sustainable place off the grid and knowing how to live in that type of scenario are where value will be. Period.

Below is the Latter Day Saints guide to Armageddon :D

https://thesurvivalmom.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/LDS-Preparedness-Manual.pdf

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
    #32     Nov 8, 2019
  3. johnarb

johnarb

Seriously? You're putting a hypothetical argument on how the bitcoin (btc) limit of 21 Million can be changed and I did not mention that the 21 Million limit is outside of our life times as it's non-relevant, the limit is 21 Million coins.

I'm pretty sure you and I know what you're doing, Pekelo. You've been around for a long time in the Cryptocurrencies and know the technical details of bitcoin.

I don't post as much here anymore. I used to share ground-breaking news of bitcoin and sometimes, crytpocurrencies, adoption and important events. This is supposed to be a place to share trading and investment ideas, but the pain of missing out of buying bitcoin when it was much cheaper has blinded many people and all they wish is for bitcoin to fail and the price to go back to being very cheap.

One last thing, I'm not a bitcoin (btc) fanboy. I looked at my wallet and it holds .0013btc ($11). I only load it up with btc when I need to purchase something or convert to fiat. My cryptocurrencies investment portfolio has been mostly altcoin(s) and has been for a long time.

#33     Nov 8, 2019
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

Then why are you posting about Bitcoin? Look, I don't have a problem with it as a trading vehicle or even as an investment idea. But saying all those features that are not even true (and why would we care anyway)? You sound like a PR guy for bitcoin, seriously...

#34     Nov 8, 2019
  5. johnarb

johnarb

Bitcoin is the gateway to the real-world for all other cryptocurrencies. If bitcoin fails, so does all other coins. Until another coin takes its place...

All of the profits I've spent and converted to fiat have been through bitcoin and whether I like it or not, I have a double conversion on my spreadsheet (to bitcoin, then to fiat).

Outside of Elite Trader, I never post anything on bitcoin. There's no need as the cryptoverse I participate in already post all those bitcoin stuff before I even know about them. Here, where most of the people are only familiar with CME, ICE, Ameritrade, Square, Robinhood, etc, imo it makes sense to post about the easy and popular bitcoin and mainstream news.

I have posted about other cryptocurrencies here, but then that gets even more convoluted discussion with features and technical details that the participants here neither care about or understand.

#35     Nov 8, 2019
  6. d08

d08

Even gold isn't "safe" once asteroid mining gets under way. Gold is rare on this planet but not that rare in the universe.

Crypto security is a joke these days though. Imagine you had your trading account or savings in crypto. "Oh well, too bad, looks like my life savings disappeared this week, shucks". The hell?

Note that I'm not against the idea and if it's actually a stable currency that can be used anywhere, I'm very eager to dump the banks and wave goodbye.

#36     Nov 8, 2019
    johnarb likes this.
  7. d08

d08

You're comparing products and ideas, which differ a lot in quality and usability to coins, which don't really differ at all. 99% of people don't care what the currency is if it's usable. No-one will pay double in Bitcoin because it's so trendy and cool if they can save 50% by paying with with Buttcoin. You can have stores accepting hundreds of different cryptos, no customer will care what they pay with. It's not like discretionary products which differ massively in quality and usability.

#37     Nov 8, 2019
  8. themickey

themickey

Yes I can imagine every man and his dog will have a rocket launch pad in their backyard to mine asteroid gold.
    Definitely much cheaper to fly up into space than drive to Kalgoorlie.
    TomGleeson-3-Website(2).jpg
    Get outta here! :)

#38     Nov 8, 2019
  9. d08

d08

What once was science fiction is everyday reality now. The fact still stands that it's not in scarce supply in the 21st century. Never mind that what, 50% of gold usage is for jewelry, 40% in investment and less than 10% has practical industrial uses?

#39     Nov 8, 2019
  10. ph1l

ph1l

This looks like a job for Elon Musk:)
    upload_2019-11-8_15-27-37.png

#40     Nov 8, 2019