Bitcoin Is Better Than Gold For One Simple Reason

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by johnarb, Nov 5, 2019.

1. traderjo

traderjo

Arguments of BTC better than physical GOLD aside I am still more comfortable with real world major currency than crypto .. simple reason ..there are hard assets behind it owned by governments + the governments still control lot of things that happen in the trade etc
    + Today BTC may survive but what is stopping another Coin becoming equally in demand?

#21     Nov 7, 2019
  2. NeoTrader

NeoTrader

Ok. It is clear that you simply don't want to believe cryptos will work, because it is the second time you simply repeat the same BS while not addressing the points I made. You are not obligated to agree with me, but if you're going to argue a point, you should at least address the points of your counterpart, otherwise there is no point in discussing anything.
    Yeah. Like pieces of gold would be of any use in such a "thunderstorm".(Even though I have nothing against gold) The simple fact is that people like you simply don't understand what money is and what is purpose is. This is very clear since you believe that what I wrote was "focusing on detail". The whole point of any kind of money is simply that people are willing to use it and for them to do so, the only thing that is required is that they are convinced that other people will accept that same form of money that they just took as payment for something that they themselves want to buy.
    This is the reason that people accept green pieces of paper in exchange for the most valueable items one can imagine. The second a form of money stops being seen as such, people simply use another currency.
    You can see this today in Argentina, where car ads in outdoors are announced in Dollars and and not pesos.
    In my country(Brazil), the same thing occurred during hyperinflation in the 90's. People started to use the dollar in many transactions.

If or when people realize that the dollar is not as advantageous as using some kinds of cryptos, people will do the same.(I think I probably won't live to see this, but it most likely will happen in some point in the future).

But "the worst blind is the one that doesn't want to see". And your unwillingness to counterargue my points while repeating your BS as if this proves anything just shows how pointless it is to engage in conversation with you. So, hopefully other people take interest in what I wrote, if not, makes no difference to me either. And you can simply continue to believe whatever you want to believe regardless of how illogic it is.:)

I'm done with you.

#22     Nov 7, 2019
  3. traderjo

traderjo

So Neo you are a believer and a "Coiner" could you please answer some simple questions
    before doing so lets agree not to start with the debate of coiner no coiner
    Just some factual and logical answers

According to you
    1) Is this store of value? or it is only a "good volatile" instrument for a trader"?
    If it is a store for value are you not worried about the following
    - the volatility ,Imagine you believed in "it" when it was 19000 and now your "Value" has gone down a lot and unlike a company share where you can see business case or lack of it apart from general news/ regulatory affairs and people sentiment what else is there behind BTC so that you hope that the "Valu" will be restored! and before how long if at all?
    also unlike cash or shares there is no interest or dividends.

2) If you "believe" in it becasue of it's value as a medium of transaction
    in near future supply chain I dont see any chance of major fiat currencies being completely replaced by BTC

3) Competition" What if tomorrow another coin gather's momentum and people start ignoring BTC , where would those who already have "Invested" in BTC can only trade among themselves

At this stage this business of Coiner's looks like a cult, you either belong and then don;t raise any questions or you dont belong and becasue of that you can't question the beliefs of the cult members! both ways it is my way or highway!

#23     Nov 8, 2019
    d08 likes this.
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

Exactly. Are you making our points for us? Now let's note that there is nothing unique or special about BTC and BCH is the real bitcoin.

#24     Nov 8, 2019
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

Facts:

1. Because of forking Bitcoin doesn't have limited supply.
    2. Bitcoin is still inflationary, 1800 new coins per day currently.
    3. My shit is limited in supply and rare, yet those characteristics alone don't give it value.

#25     Nov 8, 2019
    d08 likes this.
  6. johnarb

johnarb

Something was lost somewhere.... Let's try this again.

The article I posted was discussing bitcoin (symbol: btc) versus gold and many posters were responding unlimited supply of cryptocurrencies. Please stop. It's disingenuous.

Bitcoin (symbol: btc) has a lifetime cap of 21 million coins minus all of the lost private keys.

#26     Nov 8, 2019
  7. NeoTrader

NeoTrader

So you accuse me of being a "coiner"(whatever the hell that means) and in the next sentence you say we should "agree not to start a debate of coiner, no coiner"?. Wow, it seems you clearly are the one who belongs to a cult. Supposedly initiating an argument warning the other part beforehand not to say anything about it afterwards.

Even Milton Friedman anticipated the appearance of "e-cash" and noted the advantages of it and why it would be eventually used.

Everything you wrote I addressed in the second post here in the analogies I made. You just chose not to see my points and I will not repeat myself. Cryptos are subject to the same rules and appreciation of the public. The only differences and where it really will shine is decentralization and anonimity. And this is why even someone as knowledgeable as one of the greatest economists of the century "endorses" the idea. So, before choosing to believe something because you simply don't want to consider the other side, you should stop to think about it and look at yourself.

You accuse me of being a "cultist", while behaving exactly like one in the very first sentences of your post(as noted above).:rolleyes: As always, people with no arguments have to resort to ad Hominems when their views are challenged and they are not able to reply accordingly.:rolleyes:

#27     Nov 8, 2019
  8. themickey

themickey

I bet there's a truckload of lost and stolen keys.

#28     Nov 8, 2019
  9. traderjo

traderjo

You are nothing but argumentative .. asked you simple questions forget it

#29     Nov 8, 2019
  10. Pekelo

Pekelo

Nope it is not. Because there is an infinite number of cryptos and quite a few of them interchangable because of the same (or even better) properties, the inclusion is correct. As long as silver or other minerals can take over from gold for currency or industrial usage, they can be included too.

#30     Nov 8, 2019
    d08 likes this.