BitCoin - Intellectual Fraud or a Stunning Idea??

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by gmst, Apr 2, 2013.

So, what really is BitCoin???

1. stunning, refreshing, extremely innovative idea

38 vote(s)
    49.4%
  2. intellectual, mathematical and computational masturbation

13 vote(s)
    16.9%
  3. media to waste electricity and computing power

5 vote(s)
    6.5%
  4. Only aim of idea is to make profits for innovators

17 vote(s)
    22.1%
  5. No wonder only a Japanese can come up with such an imaginary, illusionary, delusionary, grandeur ide

4 vote(s)
    5.2%
  1. Pekelo

Pekelo

Please stop the overenthusiastic teenager bullshit and pull your head out of your ass. I, the government decide what is legal, not you....

"Thou shall not make a competing currency to the dollar." --- Fed's Handbook paragraph 18th

"Thou shall not operate a money transferring business without permission." --- Ben's little black book

P.S.: Those are actual US laws....

#301     May 16, 2013
  2. wow just hit cnbc, mtgox and dwolla(money transfer service for mtgox) raided by the feds, account seized by dhs. Hope noone left anything in mtgox, think i have a few cents in there :p

#302     May 20, 2013
  3. After reading this article http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2013/05/30/how-bitcoin-could-go-legal/?intcmp=features

I am starting to think that Bitcoin has been a "plant." An experiment by a sovereign to experiment with a new, digital, potential one world electronic currency.

This was an experiment to see how the public would accept it, and to work out some bugs.

I might be a contrarian on this... but watch to see this reintroduced, refined, taxed and controlled by a sovereign or a group of sovereigns. This software didn't just hatch itself.

#303     May 30, 2013
  4. achilles28

achilles28

BTC holding stable at ~120 USD despite Gov crackdown on Mt Gox and price crash. Looks good...

#304     May 30, 2013
  5. I think the price is stale, not representative of the actual price. Akin to Corn futures on a limit down move.

#305     May 30, 2013
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

Your post is at least a week late. The price hasn't been around 120 for days, and the Gov action was 10 days ago. Currently price is above 128$.

http://bitcoinity.org/markets

You can always check for quick news : http://wtbtc.com/

Lately Bitcoin became a boring stock. Volatility has died and price stays in a narrow range. It is good for the currency function but not so exciting for traders...

#307     May 31, 2013
  7. After doing much research, I can now say I will never buy bitcoins unless the anonymity goes away. Right now, if you get a malware program on your computer, some guy can just swipe your bitcoins and that its. Nothing you can do to get them back or catch the guy that did it. Its literally the perfect crime. You cant fight him for your money. You cant threaten him. You cant even sent him a message begging for your money back telling him its your kids college fund.

Google "bitcoins stolen" and read the thousands of pages that it turns up. One guy lost 25k bitcoins to a hacker. At todays prices thats 3.2 million dollars.

#308     Jun 1, 2013
  8. Pekelo

Pekelo

Finally some action. On Saturday night it dipped down to $90 for whatever reasons, since then it has been recovering to $98. But that is still sub-100 price...

#309     Jun 9, 2013
  9. gkishot

gkishot

It's going down because all alternative currencies like gold are going down.

#310     Jun 9, 2013