BitCoin - Intellectual Fraud or a Stunning Idea??

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by gmst, Apr 2, 2013.

So, what really is BitCoin???

1. stunning, refreshing, extremely innovative idea

38 vote(s)
    49.4%
  2. intellectual, mathematical and computational masturbation

13 vote(s)
    16.9%
  3. media to waste electricity and computing power

5 vote(s)
    6.5%
  4. Only aim of idea is to make profits for innovators

17 vote(s)
    22.1%
  5. No wonder only a Japanese can come up with such an imaginary, illusionary, delusionary, grandeur ide

4 vote(s)
    5.2%
  1. All I'll add is that the guys behind mtgox are the dumbest mofos alive if they're in mid seven-figs on revs and can't do a better job on their front-end. They need to triple their servers, for starters.

#241     Apr 19, 2013
  2. Pekelo

Pekelo

Sure you do... :)

That's why you evaluated Mt. Gox at 50 mill, when they probably didn't break 2-3 mill last year. But you know what, I will put you on Ignore, and you can evaluate whatever you want. And yes, MtGox is a normal business, having revenues, customers, salaried employees. You should know, because you do this on a daily base, right?

See you at $180....

#242     Apr 19, 2013
  3. Actually, that may well be the difference between trailing and future revenues.

If it's not... there is not much point getting involved in these exchanges.

I specifically pointed to a detailed, realistic 11 page model...
    Which only a few smart lurkers noticed...
    And why I have a policy = people with 5,000 or 10,000 poasts go staight to ignore.

#243     Apr 19, 2013
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

They did an AMA a week ago on reddit, it was amazing to see how they couldn't handle the situation both technology and PR-wise.

The dumbasses closed down the site mid-week for 12 hours, but instead of correctly saying that it is a server update, they said they want the market to cool off. That sent the price even lower. In those days they were getting 20K applications per DAY.

Not to mention that they let 0.01 silly orders to clog up their trading engine. But at least now they can handle more than 37 transaction per second, their previous highest....

#244     Apr 19, 2013
  5. yes they are, those guys are out of their depth and dont have the intellect to hire a real team to build the platform. When mtgox first started it was using mostly javascripts and form submits as a trading system, absolute joke.

Said this many times, if we have a stable well executed exchange, bitcoin will gain legitimacy. Those idiots have a golden egg on their hand, and not only are they turning it into rust, they are bringing down bitcoin with it.

When the cnbc/media stories broke, if mtgox was stable and well run, bitcoin will be in a much better place. Both times bitcoin gained popularity, mtgox played a major part crashing it due to technical problems and hacking.

#245     Apr 19, 2013
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

#246     Apr 19, 2013
  7. the1

the1

Didn't the stock exchanges operate on a chalk board at one time? Why is it so surprising such a new, novel idea would run on a sub-par exchange? If Bitcoin is to survive, it will be on its own merits not an exchanges.

#247     Apr 19, 2013
  8. Yeah, but it's not 1817 it's 2013.

#248     Apr 19, 2013
  9. Pekelo

Pekelo

The idea might be new, but running an exchange is not. Hell, they have been trading magic cards, they should be expert about it. :)

#249     Apr 19, 2013
  10. Yeah, learned my lesson with those dilettantes. I'll check out CampBX, thanks. Bitfloor (IIRC) was nice bc they had P2P through CapOne, but then they shut their account. More than a little disconcerting f your "broker" is shut down because they don't have a biz checking account. -D

#250     Apr 19, 2013