BitCoin - Intellectual Fraud or a Stunning Idea??

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by gmst, Apr 2, 2013.

So, what really is BitCoin???

1. stunning, refreshing, extremely innovative idea

38 vote(s)
    49.4%
  2. intellectual, mathematical and computational masturbation

13 vote(s)
    16.9%
  3. media to waste electricity and computing power

5 vote(s)
    6.5%
  4. Only aim of idea is to make profits for innovators

17 vote(s)
    22.1%
  5. No wonder only a Japanese can come up with such an imaginary, illusionary, delusionary, grandeur ide

4 vote(s)
    5.2%
  1. hits $250+ then hits ~$100...in 1 day. :eek:

total volume dollar wise is still minuscule at ~$20m, wonder if mtgox itself is manipulating their own exchange.

wild west x 100

#201     Apr 10, 2013
  2. Oh, right there, Pekelo?

Why don't we see that equation go for -x2 +x-40?

I don't know what the obsession with arcs in financial data is. The presence of change over time is no more a predictor than the underlying capitalization of the capital stock in this currency.

By the way, is there any?

#202     Apr 10, 2013
  3. WoodyK

WoodyK

WOW $265 down to 115... How do you like them apples Pek?

Doesn't help every time it drops Drudge posts it!

#203     Apr 10, 2013
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

The saddest part is that the exchanges can't handle the volume. This is a trader's wet dream, look at the volatility. I think there is enough interest that any super big dip will be bought for a few weeks at least.

But the fluctuations! They are incredible, but untradable, unless you put out blind orders and hope they get hit...

I have just read, the guy put out a buy order at 140 because he thought he would be statisfied with that price. An hour later once it was filled it is up at 190...

#204     Apr 10, 2013
  5. Pekelo, your equations lost over 60%, and were applied inappropriately to non-linear data, which is a requirement to use quadratic equations so it isn't a surprise that when a binary choice between +\-x^2 means the difference between making and losing 50%, obviously that isn't appropriately represented in the data and you should never ever ever ever use those equations to fit a non-linear curve which is to say nothing really about the value of the underlying you were analyzing.

#205     Apr 11, 2013
  6. TGregg

TGregg

#206     Apr 12, 2013
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

#207     Apr 12, 2013
  8. gmst

gmst

#208     Apr 12, 2013
  9. lol lost money?

i think we hit the 2 or 3 week low or something? big deal. yeah, i was worth a shitload more when btc was at $265 each, but with dollar cost averaging, totally not sweating this. i hope it does drop more.

#209     Apr 12, 2013
  10. The ops are not a fan of great beauty.

#210     Apr 12, 2013