BitCoin - Intellectual Fraud or a Stunning Idea??

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by gmst, Apr 2, 2013.

So, what really is BitCoin???

1. stunning, refreshing, extremely innovative idea

38 vote(s)
    49.4%
  2. intellectual, mathematical and computational masturbation

13 vote(s)
    16.9%
  3. media to waste electricity and computing power

5 vote(s)
    6.5%
  4. Only aim of idea is to make profits for innovators

17 vote(s)
    22.1%
  5. No wonder only a Japanese can come up with such an imaginary, illusionary, delusionary, grandeur ide

4 vote(s)
    5.2%
  1. achilles28

achilles28

With ASICMINER? That's exactly right. About a year. I haven't done the math, but the outstanding shares are fixed (no dilution). Average dividend payout is around .02 (on the high side) to 0.003 (on the low side) BTC a week, per share (every Wednesday, I believe). I could be wrong, tho. Not sure if I read the schedule right. Pass through shares are trading at 0.77 BTC.

https://btct.co/security/ASICMINER-PT

#91     Apr 4, 2013
  2. achilles28

achilles28

Ya, I'd think about it. Batch#3 sold out last week tho. We just missed it. Rumor is Avalon is gunna take a break from production to retool or something. Who knows.

#92     Apr 4, 2013
  3. achilles28

achilles28

#93     Apr 4, 2013
  4. Stok

Stok

What is the best place to buy BTC? I guess looking for the most trusted exchange. Mt.gox?

#94     Apr 4, 2013
  5. Depends who you ask, but they offer the most liquidity. If you want to use paypal/visa or something you can buy them slightly cheaper at btc-e.com. You can get them through the bitpay option*

#95     Apr 4, 2013
  6. Stok

Stok

Yeah, I want to use paypal/visa instead of depositing money to an exchange. Somewhat safer it seems.

#96     Apr 4, 2013
  7. Yeah, of course it's another story at $50/200.

#97     Apr 4, 2013
  8. Portability for one, but I agree with your arguments. My only interest arises out of trading the volatility in some OTC optionality along the lines of MPEx. I bot it solely bc of the dot-shot chart.

#98     Apr 4, 2013
  9. achilles28

achilles28

A great example of Bitcoins value

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ilh5iUQIb4s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#99     Apr 4, 2013
  10. sle

sle

In short, you are saying that it's a great illicit monetary tool. I agree, if bitcoin was a fairly stable and liquid currency, it would be a perfect tool for buying drugs, money laundering etc. Except, there is one problem - at one point or another, you have to pay for bitcoin using regular US currency. So, it would take a very simple step for the Big Brother to follow your "private and safe" transaction - a reporting requirement for anyone who wants to purchase or sell bitcoin. It would make bitcoin at more disadvantage to even gold and precious stones - at least I can pay cash for a batch of uncut diamonds and stuff 'em up my ass before I am flying to Uruguay.

#100     Apr 4, 2013