Bitcoin hit a high of $8,458 today on coinbase. I'm calling it. This is the end of Bitcoin

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by peilthetraveler, Nov 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoi

Hoi

I still have BCH and BTG (free airdrop of holding BTC). This year I traded some ETH and DASH, but sold all. ETH is intriguing but as software-engineer I do see huge trouble ahead (it's a hackers paradise). I will never participate in any ICO as well.

#81     Nov 24, 2017
    Visaria likes this.
  2. i960

i960

If you're a software engineer the inability of Bitcoin to realistically scale should be screaming out at you too.

#82     Nov 24, 2017
    Surprise likes this.
  3. FX xtc 2

FX xtc 2

I vividly remember shorting BTC a few weeks ago @ $4000.. thank God for stops ..

#83     Nov 24, 2017
    gkishot likes this.
  4. Hoi

Hoi

Yes indeed (this was a 2 year struggle), but the Bitcoin-developers now have a solution and a roadmap to solve the scaling problem for ever. That's why they first implemented/released SegWit, which was needed for the next step: second-layer: Lightning-Network (and drivetrain).
    In a few months Lightning will be released, which can handle a multitude of what the Visa-network can handle in transactions per second.
    As a software-engineer, I have confidence that we can scale to the levels needed.

#84     Nov 24, 2017
  5. sprstpd

sprstpd

If you are so effing confident, why the hell did you sell? You're a HODL faker. Now all of your pro bitcoin posts just look like a pump and dump scheme. Only true believers should be posting the b.s. that you post. Maybe when you get some balls and hold bitcoin for eternity, then you can join the ranks of the true believers.

#85     Nov 24, 2017
    Surprise likes this.
  6. Hoi

Hoi

pffff.... there is a time when you want to buy a nice house and retire early, so I did what everyone should do: sell just enough to reach this goal. This doesn't change my believe in Bitcoin at all. I'm still hard-core, and Hodl more than you ever can get your hands on.

#86     Nov 24, 2017
  7. sprstpd

sprstpd

Charlatan.

#87     Nov 24, 2017
  8. Hoi

Hoi

Jealous?

#88     Nov 24, 2017
  9. sprstpd

sprstpd

Nope, not at all. Just pointing out your inconsistencies. Why would you even want to own fiat at all if you are a true believer of bitcoin? You're basically admitted that all of your b.s. that you've spouted is b.s.

#89     Nov 24, 2017
  10. Hoi

Hoi

Unfortunately, you still cannot buy a house straight with Bitcoins, otherwise I would have done that. This will change in future, but I cannot wait that long (I'm quite old already).

#90     Nov 24, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.