Bitcoin hit a high of $8,458 today on coinbase. I'm calling it. This is the end of Bitcoin

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by peilthetraveler, Nov 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sprstpd

sprstpd

You can't retire on just a house purchase. Why would you want to buy a house when bitcoin is going much higher? Why don't you just rent so that you can maximize your bitcoin hodling like you've been spouting forever?

#91     Nov 24, 2017
  2. Hoi

Hoi

If this house was for rent, yes that would have been a better option, but it wasn't. And as I wrote before: enough coins left to maximize anyway. Also enough fiat left to buy more if Bitcoins erratically dumps again to $3000 (which I predict if those CME futures aren't released this year).
    What's wrong with trading? We are here at ET, right?

Your are here on ET nearly just as long as I (2002/2003), so you could and should have read all the Bitcoin posts from 2011 and 2013. This huge investing opportunity was presented to you just as me. You chose to ignore it, I went full in. That's your mistake, don't abreact to me.

#92     Nov 24, 2017
  3. vanzandt

vanzandt

Well I must say if ET is good for anything...

Definition of abreaction
    : the expression and emotional discharge of unconscious material (such as a repressed idea or emotion) by verbalization especially in the presence of a therapist
    — abreact play \-ˈakt\ verb

I do learn new words here.

#93     Nov 24, 2017
  4. sprstpd

sprstpd

You have no idea if I have invested in bitcoin or not so stop spouting about what you know nothing about. I'm picking apart your inconsistencies. You are a bitcoin zealot and yet you are buying a house with it. Won't bitcoin appreciate more than that house? What, you don't believe? Aren't you an idiot for spending bitcoin on anything? I am just repeating what you've been spouting for however long I've been reading your posts.

#94     Nov 24, 2017
  5. Hoi

Hoi

Yes, I'm an idiot spending Bitcoins on anything. Sure!
    But if I wait till Bitcoin stabilizes on its top of the S-curve, we are 10 years further. And I'm nearly 70 years old...to old to enjoy my profits..... So no!

#95     Nov 24, 2017
  6. johnarb

johnarb

Bitcoin is not a religion or a cul (well, it shouldn't be). It's a financial asset, plain and simple, and soon will have CME futures. What someone does with their finance is no one else's business. I get asked a number of times how much bitcoin do I have and I just politely say very little (which is not a lie as it's small portion of my crypto portfolio). I would not ask them how much money they have in the bank, either...

#96     Nov 24, 2017
  7. sprstpd

sprstpd

You see my point now. You are the resident bitcoin zealot on EliteTrader yet you are willing to sacrifice your certain future profits (when bitcoin rises to $10k, or maybe $50k, or maybe $100k and beyond) on a physical house. Hypocritical.

#97     Nov 24, 2017
  8. Hoi

Hoi

With that post, you made yourself an idiot. It just makes me smile :)

#98     Nov 24, 2017
  9. sprstpd

sprstpd

I'm glad I could make you smile :sneaky:

#99     Nov 24, 2017
  10. johnarb

johnarb

Trading bitcoin is much more favorable on the long side as the majority of the bitcoin supply are are not stored on exchanges.

Coinbase is adding users at an ever increasing rate and these accounts are not for shorting (edited, can be used for selling btc for $). When these users buy from Coinbase, Coinbase buys from the exchanges, thus shrinking the supply even more.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/03/coi...fter-cme-announces-bitcoin-futures-plans.html

#100     Nov 24, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.