Bitcoin/Ethereum Miners

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by nitrene, Dec 16, 2020.

1. nitrene

nitrene

RIOT MARA HVBTF

I started buying these stocks a few weeks ago & they have all skyrocketed especially today.

Are there any others that I'm missing?

Seems like they are roughly leveraged 2:1 vs the cryptocurrency.
    If bitcoin goes to 30K, which might happen, these stocks could go up another 80% or even more in the case of Hive Blockchain -- it hit $5.25 in 2017.

2. Looks like you got them. And then you have GBTC and ETHE which "act" like leverage plays on the cryptos.

nitrene likes this.
  3. Daal

Daal

I have traded these over the years but I learned its imbesilic to do so. They are super risky and mostly scams, so when BTC tanks, people will dump these like no tomorrow. They will have WORSE risk adjusted returns than BTC. So if you are bullish BTC and want to make 2-1, buy twice as much BTC than you want. Then ride to 30K. These garbage companies can tank 20-40% at the drop of a hat

nitrene likes this.
  4. nitrene

nitrene

Yeah these are very volatile stocks. I also own some of the options mainly March calls.

I also own GBTC, ETHE, BCHG & LTCN.

LTCN is the craziest ETF/ETN I've seen. It never seems to gain liquidity and it doesn't what price it gets to. I originally bought it at $35 and the volume isn't any higher at $250 which doesn't make any sense. Even today it had 12,975 shares on a break out day for Bitcoin.

5. Any of these penny stocks are not scams?